PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Firestorm Transport?

JMichael
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM
The most recent rule set, Imperial Armour Aeronautica (released on July 27th) lists the Eldar Firestorm (p54) as having a Transport of 6 and lists the Firestorm Scatter lasers as having Skyfire and Interceptor.

All 3 of the The Forge World 6th edition vehicle updates (dated 6-7, 6-20, 7-20) do not have the 'T' listed for the Firestorm designating it as a Transport. They also list Skyfire and Interceptor in teh Special rules (thus giving it to both of the vehicles weapons).

Normally the 'update/FAQ' over riding the book is obvious, but with this seems more like an oversight than intentional. After all the entire Aeronautica book was written for 6th.

On this one, I'm tending to lean with the Aeronautica datasheet.

Thoughts?

Cursed13
11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Well if the entry in the book says Transport Capacity of 6, then it has a transport capacity of 6, regardless of what some summary says. Which probably was an oversight, I'll admit even I forgot that the Firestorm was had a transport capacity, it's not the first use of the Firestorm I would think of. Only an Errata/Amendment can actually override whats in the book, such as "Page ##, delete line "Transport Capacity of 6" . An FAQ simply elaborates on confusing wording and explains how things work after enough people ask for it.

Defenestratus
11-07-2012, 08:43 AM
The most recent rule set, Imperial Armour Aeronautica (released on July 27th) lists the Eldar Firestorm (p54) as having a Transport of 6 and lists the Firestorm Scatter lasers as having Skyfire and Interceptor.

All 3 of the The Forge World 6th edition vehicle updates (dated 6-7, 6-20, 7-20) do not have the 'T' listed for the Firestorm designating it as a Transport. They also list Skyfire and Interceptor in teh Special rules (thus giving it to both of the vehicles weapons).

Normally the 'update/FAQ' over riding the book is obvious, but with this seems more like an oversight than intentional. After all the entire Aeronautica book was written for 6th.

On this one, I'm tending to lean with the Aeronautica datasheet.

Thoughts?

A simple email to FW will resolve this issue for you (and possibly fix the summary at the same time).

JMichael
11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
A simple email to FW will resolve this issue for you (and possibly fix the summary at the same time).

Thanks for your responses.

I have emailed them about this as well as the Forge World Night Spinner Transport capacity.
Hopefully we'll see a response or edit in the next errata!