PDA

View Full Version : Another Announcement (AA)

Tynskel
11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
For those of you that can vote, vote!

For those of you that live in the Imperium: GET BACK TO WORK!

ElectricPaladin
11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Already voted... like a boss.

Daemonette666
11-13-2012, 09:24 PM
I voted for the Labour party last election because I hate the Liberal, national and country parties. I put them, and the Rev Fred Niles right wing Christian party last.

Oh, you were talking about the current USA elections! I thought you were talking about some place important like Australia the lucky country. LOL

Learn2Eel
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
I voted Labour because I couldn't stand a misogynist as a prime minister.

daboarder
11-14-2012, 12:17 AM
I voted Labour because I couldn't stand a misogynist as a prime minister.

kinda sucks that you we've got a prime minister that both supports peter slipper and his vile texts about women and stabs penny wong in the back for being a female, gay and the only labour politician whose actually doing her job.

note: Quite frankly I dislike all our pollies passionately but I think lately the gillard government has enacted several stupid policies that have lost them my vote.

Learn2Eel
11-14-2012, 01:32 AM
No doubt, I agree. It was really "pick your poison" in both the Australian and American elections this year.

lobster-overlord
11-14-2012, 07:30 AM
That really is what it was... I was down to the last minute thinking "who do I hate least"

Animus Silvanna
11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
I didn't get to vote cause some a** hat decided that absentee ballots should be delivered via carrier pigeon to people fighting oversees.

templarboy
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I didn't get to vote cause some a** hat decided that absentee ballots should be delivered via carrier pigeon to people fighting oversees.

Yep. The Democrats did a good job suppressing the military vote here in the USA. Lowest voting levels from the Military in decades. Worst thing about it is our liberal media is saying nothing about it.

ElectricPaladin
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep. The Democrats did a good job suppressing the military vote here in the USA. Lowest voting levels from the Military in decades. Worst thing about it is our liberal media is saying nothing about it.

I've done some reading about this and I really don't think the issue is that clear. As I understand it, the accusation is quite muddy. The same guy who originally made the accusation has written previous articles praising the Obama administration's efforts to do the exact opposite, making sure that the process of counting military votes was streamlined. The accusation - from what I've read so far - doesn't include a clear mechanism for how Obama is the one responsible for making sure those votes were not counted.

I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand - our electoral process is completely f^cked - but I don't think this case is clear.

To be entirely honest, it's certainly not as clear as, say, the intent behind Ohio and Pennsylvania's voter ID laws and the way they were enforced, or Florida's willful failure to properly fund polling stations in urban areas. Or, for that matter, the county in Texas that sent out an election notice in English and Spanish where the Spanish half told voters the wrong date.

Personally, I'm rooting for a nonpartisan voter commission and federal control of elections. You know, the way almost every other first world country on Earth does it.

bfmusashi
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM
No no, it's all a plot. If it's not the Zionists, it's the Freemasons, and if it isn't them it's probably the Reptilians working through the Military-Industrial Complex.

ElectricPaladin
11-14-2012, 02:15 PM
No no, it's all a plot. If it's not the Zionists, it's the Freemasons, and if it isn't them it's probably the Reptilians working through the Military-Industrial Complex.

Repitilians. I hate those guys.

inquisitorsog
11-14-2012, 02:24 PM

I wish it were a plot. It would then make sense when politicians get reelected even though they're under indictment or have been absent for months due to "illness" (cough cough..drug rehab...).

templarboy
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
There is more to it than people think. I would like to know how the Democrats got 108% of the vote in Philadelphia. I am neither a democrat or a republican, just a guy who wants to know what the heck is going on.

daboarder
11-14-2012, 05:54 PM
There is more to it than people think. I would like to know how the Democrats got 108% of the vote in Philadelphia. I am neither a democrat or a republican, just a guy who wants to know what the heck is going on.

Long story short.....you voting system is so Frakked it encourages corruption either deliberately or through ignorance.

Seriously the idea that its a democratic system is a joke, what about the electronic polling booths that CHANGE VOTES. What happens with that, does anyone who voted on that machine have their vote discounted or do you just accept the bias....what a farce.

Hell voting isn't even compulsory...sigh

Animus Silvanna
11-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Personally, I'm rooting for a nonpartisan voter commission and federal control of elections. You know, the way almost every other first world country on Earth does it.

I think instead of having the ridiculous electoral college like we have it, instead every state should only count once... that way you don't have the election always only coming down to where the guy with the most money can focus on 4-5 states and pull a win. You would have to fight for EVERY state and EVERY vote. That and we wont be screwed over by California again :P

bfmusashi
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
So weight it by political borders and ignore population completely?

ElectricPaladin
11-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I think instead of having the ridiculous electoral college like we have it, instead every state should only count once... that way you don't have the election always only coming down to where the guy with the most money can focus on 4-5 states and pull a win. You would have to fight for EVERY state and EVERY vote. That and we wont be screwed over by California again :P

But then people in big states have less of a vote than people in small states. I don't want my vote to be diluted by all those losers!

Let's just go to a popular vote. That way I can actually have a freaking say in how gets to be president, rather than casting my meaningless everyone-knows-how-California-will-go-vote every four years.

magickbk
11-15-2012, 01:08 PM

Actually, the number was 85.21% of the vote across the city. If you lived here, you'd understand. 59 of the 1000+ divisions in the city had not one single vote Republican. The local papers went looking for registered Republicans in the voter information for those divisions, and found people who didn't know why they were registered that way, or who no longer lived there.

The same as how the South and Midwest is overwhelmingly Republican, Philly is overwhelmingly Democratic. It really is like living in different countries.

inquisitorsog
11-15-2012, 01:44 PM
The same as how the South and Midwest is overwhelmingly Republican, Philly is overwhelmingly Democratic. It really is like living in different countries.
That is very true, however the alarm bells rang for some after it was claimed by a Republican election monitor in Pennsylvania that some machines were not recording correctly.
You don't see populous counties in "Red states" voting 100% Republican though. There's always a few 'independent thinkers' in those districts. But, the Rust Belt has a number of cities where the Democrats rule the roost so thoroughly you wonder why they bother spending money to collect the votes.

I probably sound like a Republican, but I'm not at all. I'm just saying there's an awful lot about voting patterns that tell me that political parties are cults. People identify with them to the point that they'll be gladly accept being told what they should believe rather than figuring it out on their own.

magickbk
11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
the alarm bells rang for some after it was claimed by a Republican election monitor in Pennsylvania that some machines were not recording correctly.

The funny thing is that I went looking for more information, and all I found visual proof of was touchscreen displays recording votes for Romney instead of Obama. So we've got a guy saying the opponents had an unfair advantage, and the only thing I could find showed the opposite. The issue appeared to be a touchscreen calibration to me, and not some sort of tampering plot.

PA has this voter complaint system, and they gave out some numbers on the received complaints. They don't say where the incidents took place, but the thing that struck me is that there were more complaints of voter intimidation than of machine malfunction or tampering.

Our biggest problem as a nation isn't that our process is screwy or broken, it's that everyone(read as: loudest minority/majority at your location) is so opinionated, bigoted, racist, or angry that they don't want a fair and balanced system, they want a system that gives them the outcome they want. Right now there are a lot of Republicans saying that the electoral college system is crap, but in reality it won the Republicans a Presidency just a few elections ago when the Democrats who lost wanted it gone.

The problem in the US is that as a population we can't all come together and work as neighbors regardless of our views, understand that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions and make compromises that are beneficial to all, so instead nothing happens.

I, for one, assume that at some point in the future some election is going to go really bad, and the Emperor is going to get tired of it and start the Unification Wars.

inquisitorsog
11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
The funny thing is that I went looking for more information, and all I found visual proof of was touchscreen displays recording votes for Romney instead of Obama.
I wasn't saying I bought into it, just that someone not familiar with how completely Democrat some neighborhoods of the Rust belt are might seize on that and see it as systematic fishiness. I'm a software engineer by trade and have spent 10+ years of that building software for Big 4 accounting firms. The cavalier attitude shown towards auditing and verifying electronic voting machines by some proponents of electronic voting is very scary to me.

Animus Silvanna
11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
But then people in big states have less of a vote than people in small states. I don't want my vote to be diluted by all those losers!

Let's just go to a popular vote. That way I can actually have a freaking say in how gets to be president, rather than casting my meaningless everyone-knows-how-California-will-go-vote every four years.

Well that could work except you would have the same problem as now. You would have the people running for office only focusing on states like Texas, California, New York, Etc. LoL idk how to fix it but its definitely broken and someone needs to look at probably someone more qualified then myself.