PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful being.

Deadlift
11-06-2012, 08:30 AM
So we have had lots of chit chat about which primarch etc is the best etc etc. But we play 40k for the most part not 30k.
So forget about those primarchs that are either dead, daemon princes or MIA.
Who is now the most powerful being left in 40k ?
Is he or she, human or xeno ? Is it a chapter master ? Maybe Mephiston or the Sanguinor ?
Who do you guys think is the top dog in the present setting of 40k and why ?

Psychosplodge
11-06-2012, 08:36 AM
Extended background setting (apparently fluff is now out) I'd definitely say Logan Grimnar is up there. He cut down a grey Knight Sergent/captain/commander? like he was nothing...

Wolfshade
11-06-2012, 08:49 AM
My initial response would be someone like Mephiston as he is x12 bad.
But I will chuck this one out there Imperiator Titans...
If I am not allowed that then I would pair down to a Greater Deamon or Avatar.

I think a major issues is how you define powerful...

Deadlift
11-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Thoughts on martial prowess are on Bjorn the Fellhanded, in a recent book I read he very nearly put paid to Magnus the red in daemon prince form.

But the Mephiston, well enough said about him. Hard as Nails and a psykers. Then there is Abbadon and his gifts from chaos. I don't know really. Partly why I started the thread. Some if you guys know this stuff far better than I and I am intrigued to see who comes up with what.

ElectricPaladin
11-06-2012, 09:01 AM
Me.

Dozens of soldiers move only when I tell them to. I claim their souls when they die, and they rise to fight again at my command. The most powerful psykers and soldiers in the Galaxy? I could rip them apart with one hand. I have no fear of Tyranid swarm or Ork horde. I laugh at puny Space Marine captains and Eldar autarchs alike.

I am a player. The galaxy fears me.

alshrive
11-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Da Red Gobbo! may not be the best fighter but he is sneaky-kunnin'!

Psychosplodge
11-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Da Red Gobbo! may not be the best fighter but he is sneaky-kunnin'!

Not Kunningly-sneaky?

magickbk
11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Me.

Dozens of soldiers move only when I tell them to. I claim their souls when they die, and they rise to fight again at my command. The most powerful psykers and soldiers in the Galaxy? I could rip them apart with one hand. I have no fear of Tyranid swarm or Ork horde. I laugh at puny Space Marine captains and Eldar autarchs alike.

Awesome.

Also, Ephrael Stern.

Kyban
11-06-2012, 10:03 AM
It would probably be the Emperor, but if we're not counting him then I think one of the C'tan is still whole...

bfmusashi
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Are we talking about in a fight or in the sense that entire sections of the galaxy can burn at a whim? If the first, Billy the Squat, who is so powerful the universe can not observe him*. If the second there are several members of the High Lords that can make that happen with a typo.

*Billy the Squat's counter point is Nubbins the Termigaunt, Avatar of the Hive Mind.

fuzzbuket
11-06-2012, 10:12 AM
y'nnead god of the dead. when you finally kill all the eldar he comes out of no-where and defeats chaos.
the tyranid. tyranid's implies more than 1. the entire tynaid species is a single being. kinda scary.

Kyban
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
y'nnead god of the dead. when you finally kill all the eldar he comes out of no-where and defeats chaos.
the tyranid. tyranid's implies more than 1. the entire tynaid species is a single being. kinda scary.
I would have said Y'nnead but he's not around yet, though the Eldar probably have something in the Black Library that would be applicable in this discussion. :D

I wouldn't call the tyranid a single being, it's a hive mind.

The chaos gods probably don't count as beings either, would they?

RobinTrevize
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
It's got to be one of the dark gods...Probably Tzeentch.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
It's got to be one of the dark gods...Probably Tzeentch.

Tzeentch is rather amazing. :p

I'd go with Crowe, he seems to be a bit of a boss. I mean, he's holding onto a daemon and keeping it at bay. He must be nails.

DrWobbles
11-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Me.

Hilarious!

Initially, i'm inclined to say mephiston and his primarch-esque stat line, but him being a psyker makes him vulnerable to anti-psyker weapons. If im in a street fight i would want good ol' Abby at my back. Abaddon has the blessing of all the chaos gods after all.

If speaking strictly codex options a generic Thunder wolf lord with all the fixins would take the cake.

Wildcard
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
If only taken the fluff point, then there is surely only one viable answer:

Lord Kaldor Draigo, Supreme Grand Master of Grey Knights

This guy has beaten Chaos in all its form in the warp multiple times over. Every creature in the warp, save for the most nutjob khorne followers fear him and run away before him.

There is Perils of the Warp for normal psykers, but for the warp entities there is Perils of the Draigo.

Based on fluff, That guy is the Chuck Norris of Warhammer 40k, 50k,60k and easily up to 70k, since even the death itself is too f*cking scared to go near that guy..

------------------------

Don't hate the player, hate the game. It wasn't me who wrote that piece of fluff

:)

bfmusashi
11-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Before everyone gets their Draigo/Ward hate on I just want to remind them Hector Rex of Vrax part 3 exists. Seriously.

eldargal
11-08-2012, 12:24 AM
Yo' momma.

jgebi
11-08-2012, 12:59 AM
A C'tan Shard is as strong as a primarch and only 2 or 3 were broken so theirs still atlest 1 that could beat the F**K out of you all but also some of the Crypteks are OP to the max

Wolfshade
11-08-2012, 04:00 AM
What about an Ancestor Lord in Exoarmour?

Psychosplodge
11-08-2012, 04:03 AM
What about an Ancestor Lord in Exoarmour?

Would probably be quite a force to be reckoned with...

but what about an Adeptus Custodes?

Wolfshade
11-08-2012, 04:46 AM
Oh a Custodes, one man army.

This is probably one of the best choices, especially as the specifically train to fight on their own.

Learn2Eel
11-08-2012, 05:54 AM
Abaddon is the Harbinger of the Apocalypse, he is destined to (eventually) destroy or almost-destroy the Imperium. From the sounds of it, if the Primarchs are returning and Abaddon is leading the Chaos side, might we one day see Abaddon's in-game power reflect that of a Primarch or something similar? Not that I think they will ever progress the story that far but it makes you wonder - isn't he the one that will supposedly bring ruin to the Imperium?

Daemonette666
11-08-2012, 10:34 PM
There is one Ork Character who took down my Zarakynel Daemon Lord (FW). It was Zogrot and his damned curse. I rolled for the test, and failed turning into a Squig who Zogrot then charged into killing it. Points for points he killed a 666 point model, a model that was way beyond his pay curve. Yes it was a 1 in 6 chance, but it was embarrassing and the guy has paid me out about it every time he sees me.

Sainhann
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Squats because even though GW has tried to killed them off they just refused too go away.

neutrino
01-18-2013, 05:25 PM
in the wikia it say abbadon is the most powerful being in warhammer 40k but personally i would go for a daemon primarch

spaceman91
01-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Dont know about most powerful bloke but i think some one like calgar ( yes i went there i dont care how dull i sound ). Lets face it he leads the biggest chapter and has done so for donkeys years. He crushed a daemonic assault and led the defence against a whole hive fleet. In game terms who is the most badass, for me its got to be abbodon or logan. Both utter killing machines in their own right.

Learn2Eel
01-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Dont know about most powerful bloke but i think some one like calgar ( yes i went there i dont care how dull i sound ). Lets face it he leads the biggest chapter and has done so for donkeys years. He crushed a daemonic assault and led the defence against a whole hive fleet. In game terms who is the most badass, for me its got to be abbodon or logan. Both utter killing machines in their own right.

In-game it would definitely be the Swarmlord. He eats any other character in the game for breakfast, particularly ones like Abaddon and Logan Grimnar. If the Swarmlord rolls Biomancy, it's sayonara.

Brakkart
01-19-2013, 03:30 AM

Umm no Marneus Calgar doesn't lead the biggest chapter, he leads the most ultra-orthodox Codex chapter of the lot, meaning it is 1000 marines strong. I'd say Helbrecht has him whipped for leading the biggest chapter as the Black Templar's outnumber the Ultramarine's at least 4 to 1. If you factor in the whole of Ultramar and the Ultramar PDF then maybe.

For most powerful being in a fight in the 40k universe I'll throw my vote in for Draigo.

Denzark
01-19-2013, 05:25 AM
If we're talking deities the Order is:
Emp
Khorne
Nurgle (in peaks and Troughs)
Tzeentch
Slaanesh
Gork n' Mork
Some pansy Eldar
C'tan.

If we are talking playable 40K characters with a GW published profile and based on that profiel, probably Angrath then Angron, although I understand the FW Tzeentch GD to be fruity. If you are talking mortals and fluff then the GK Eye of Terror tourist must be nails, as is Logan, Dante and Calgar. Although Abaddon is true nails and obviously Khorne won't let Kharn die, so...

Anggul
01-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Due to the blessings of all 4 chaos gods and the uber-daemon-weapon + primarch weapon combo, Abaddon is easily one of the most powerful, along with Draigo, Mephiston, the Phoenix Lords, Avatars, Greater Daemons and Solitaires. C'Tan shards are also a scary thing.

In a fight between Abaddon and Draigo, Draigo's very strong psychic power specifically trained to deny daemonic power would take a lot of Abaddon's edge away, including weakening Drach'Nyen, but Abaddon would still have the Talon of Horus, a primarch weapon. It isn't really a fair match-up due to the fact that the Grey Knights are specifically trained to deny daemonic power. If Abaddon's power came from a different source it would be a different story.

I think Solitaires are probably one of the most deadly things you'll come across.

Animus Silvanna
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Yeah I'm gonna also cast my vote on Draigo He bested a Primarch and had time enough to put "Draigo was here on" his insidey parts. Not to mention he lives in the warp probably fighting all manner of crazy *** things with UN-relenting punishment dealing. No one in the Entire 40k world can claim that. Not even the orks have to fight everyday. He is constantly being tested and refuses to yield.

miteyheroes
01-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Yeah I'm gonna also cast my vote on Draigo He bested a Primarch and had time enough to put "Draigo was here on" his insidey parts. Not to mention he lives in the warp probably fighting all manner of crazy *** things with UN-relenting punishment dealing. No one in the Entire 40k world can claim that. Not even the orks have to fight everyday. He is constantly being tested and refuses to yield.

The Khornate Daemons also live in the Warp fighting every day. So, yeah. One of them would be the most powerful entity. Aside from Khorne himself.

Marius
01-21-2013, 06:57 AM
mephiston!!!!

Learn2Eel
01-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm a firm believer that Tzeentch is merely playing tricks on Draigo, hence why he believes he has done some impossible stuff and keeps getting drawn from and back into the warp. That, or his fluff is so bad it will be ret-conned. I don't care who he is, no mortal is as powerful as a daemon primarch, particularly inside the warp. And if he actually is, his rules should bloody well reflect it. Mortarion from the first Heresy book eats Draigo for breakfast! A daemon primarch would eat him and spit him out before he could do anything.
I don't buy the argument Draigo would nullify Abaddon's powers. Even then, Abaddon is probably the superior swordsman anyway.

Draigo's fluff is so painfully bad, even multiple GW reps I've spoken to think it is both laughable and going to be changed.

Tynskel
01-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Most powerful being.

Easy.

The Hive Mind.
It can block out the warp, preventing Daemons from doing anything, and just eats everything else.

Psychosplodge
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Surely it's Ciaphas Cain, he can't die according to the Administratum...

Tynskel
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Surely it's Ciaphas Cain, he can't die according to the Administratum...

I actually agree with you.

Psychosplodge
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I actually agree with you.

Statistically it was bound to occur eventually.

dark messenger
01-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Interesting thread.
Throwing my salt into the pot, I'd say whichever benighted individual has the actual ability and authority to deactivate the Golden Throne. Once that happens, the whole freakin' galaxy will shift over it's axis and the true "grimdark" begins...

Say what you will, without the semi-stable presence of the Imperium all bets are off for everybody!
Sound about right?

Pater Sin
02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I think Vect or Lelith would give as good as most of the other characters, plus nobody has mentioned any DE yet.

AM-254
02-23-2013, 06:13 PM
On the table top (i believe) Draigo is now just AP3, where the armless wonder has been FAQ'd so that his sword is AP2. So assuming an actual fight between the two were to take place Draigo, slayer of Daemons and menacer of the Ruinous powers would probably manage to, at best, give Abbadon a few scratches before being stabbed throught the arse with Drach'nyen, storm shield or no storm shield.

Also, fluffwise Prince Yriel of Lyanden wields a spear containing the power of a star and uses it to KO a tyranid beast so powerful that it "could not be slain by mortal weapons". Other characters which it is generally agreed cannot be slain by mortal weapons include daemon primarchs, greater daemons and other such nasties. Presumabley a weapon this powerful would, in the fluff, allow Yriel to turn the galaxies greatest heroes and villans into the wierdest kebab ever seen in fortyfive thousand years of human civilisation.
Ofcourse, on the table he can be curbstomped by an imperial guard officer with a powerfist :P but that's Eldar for you :(

Power Klawz
03-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm going to second the vote that its whatever hapless servitor happens to be assigned to dusting the ancient surge protector that the Golden Throne plugs in to.

White Tiger88
03-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm going to second the vote that its whatever hapless servitor happens to be assigned to dusting the ancient surge protector that the Golden Throne plugs in to.

I third this.....ouch......

droozy
05-07-2013, 01:29 PM
I think a Bloodthirster would run through most of these choices. If not a playable character then the emperor(even as a corpse) and the chaos gods. Everything else is just over-thinking it.

CraftWorld
05-07-2013, 01:42 PM
A single playable character? It depends on circumstance I suppose but for me it's hard to think beyond Draigo.

As for fluff, Eldrad?

neutrino
05-07-2013, 02:00 PM
how about skarbrand, in the new daemons codex, dont think u can find a better one v one fighter in the game

phreakachu
05-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Im suprised that no one has mentioned Lucius yet. the dude will not die.

Crazy Jedi
05-10-2013, 06:30 PM
No mention of Sly "Drinking Buddies with Chuck Motherf*ing Norris" Marbo? :D

But I think serious fluff wise it would have to be Abbadon, incredibly strong, master of a massive army, and an incredible tactician (depending on how we view his 13 Black Crusades)

On the tabletop, I've seen Abbadon die three times, I've only seen Draigo once, and he seriously messed up a 15man unit of Black Templars with a kitted out Chaplain and Marshal.

Psychosplodge
05-13-2013, 01:34 AM
Chuck Norris? pfft Chuck Norris is Christopher Lee's B!tch.

Learn2Eel
05-13-2013, 06:39 AM
On the table-top, the title either belongs still to the Swarmlord, or to the new Skarbrand. It isn't even a contest - no other single character comes even close to those two.

Mr Mystery
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
Gork. Or possibly Mork.

Think about it. They exist. We know they exist. And every single Orkoid in the Galaxy whole heartedly believes in them. That's a lot of kunnin' but fighty to be absorbed by them. Not to mention all the fight but kunnin'.....

If they ever fancied it, they could cause a single, Galaxy wide Waaaagh. And let's face it, that's an end game right there.

Psychosplodge
05-13-2013, 07:04 AM
But obviously, they're kunnin enuf to realise that the boyz would be pretty bored if they were only able to fight amongst themselves...

Power Klawz
05-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Abaddon is an armless failure. Swarmlord has feasted on the dying remains of galaxies.

I think we know what happens here.

Andersp90
05-15-2013, 08:47 AM
In TT = The swarmlord.

In the material universe/fluff = The C'tans.

A fully powered one can bend time, create black holes etc. I would love to see Abbadon or Driago beat a blackhole. ;)

How many C'tans (not shards) are left? No one knows. :)

Kyban
05-15-2013, 08:55 AM
In TT = The swarmlord.

In the material universe/fluff = The C'tans.

A fully powered one can bend time, create black holes etc. I would love to see Abbadon or Driago beat a blackhole. ;)

How many C'tans (not shards) are left? No one knows. :)

For the TT, it would seem like someone like the Swarmlord or Skarbrand would be it but a cheap Necron lord with mindshackle scarabs is hilarious.

In the fluff it would probably be one of the gods (the Emperor or, more likely, a Chaos god)

Andersp90
05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
For the TT, it would seem like someone like the Swarmlord or Skarbrand would be it but a cheap Necron lord with mindshackle scarabs is hilarious.

In the fluff it would probably be one of the gods (the Emperor or, more likely, a Chaos god)

The Chaos gods are not part of the material universe. ;)

Also, I dont really see how the emprah can beat something that has the ability to bend time and space, create Black holes etc. :)

Kyban
05-15-2013, 09:06 AM
The Chaos gods are not part of the material universe. ;)

Also, I dont really see how the emprah can beat something that has the ability to bend time and space, create Black holes etc. :)

They certainly have a lot of control over the material universe though, I believe they can manifest themselves if they really want to as well.

The Emperor does beat one though...
I suspect his ridiculous psychic powers are to blame.

Andersp90
05-15-2013, 09:19 AM
They certainly have a lot of control over the material universe though, I believe they can manifest themselves if they really want to as well.

The Emperor does beat one though...
I suspect his ridiculous psychic powers are to blame.

The emprah beat the just awoken Void Dragon (so in a really really weak state). He coulden't destroy it though.

Like I have alredy stated, a fully powered C'tan can create Blackholes (and destroy entire solar systems at a whim) etc. The emprah is a badass, but there is no way he is going to survive a close incounter with a blackhole. :)

Sharbrand has only been successfully summoned twice. The more powerfull the entity/deamon the harder it is to summon. So I think the chaos gods are well out of reach. If it can even be done, that is. :)

Kyban
05-15-2013, 09:24 AM
The emprah beat the just awoken Void Dragon (so in a really really weak state). He coulden't destroy it though.

Like I have alredy stated, a fully powered C'tan can create Blackholes (and destroy entire solar systems at a whim) etc. The emprah is a badass, but there is no way he is going to survive a close incounter with a blackshole. :)

Sharbrand has only been successfully summoned twice. The more powerfull the entity/deamon the harder it is to summon. So I think the chaos gods are out of reach. If it can even be done, that is. :)
The fluff is all over the place for C'tan, though the latest says they were shattered by the Silent King so they don't seem to be all-powerful.

Yeah, no way anyone could summon a Chaos god, they'd manifest of their own will. No idea what it would take to get one's attention, let alone give them cause to visit the material universe.

Andersp90
05-15-2013, 09:31 AM
the Necrons shattered the C'tan with weapons that focused the unimaginable energies of the living universe.

And even then they diden't die. ;) They just shatterd (and would have been able to reform if not for the necrons). :)

It is also stated that the necrons only manged to pull it of, do to the C'tans being drained/spendt after fighting the old ones (and the necrons took MASSIVE losses). :)

As far as I can remember, the chaos gods can't enter the material universe. But im not 100%. :)

Kyban
05-15-2013, 09:36 AM
As far as I can remember, the chaos gods can't enter the material universe. But im not 100%. :)

They're really just massively powerful demons so it would make sense that they could, I don't know of any fluff that states either way though.

Andersp90
05-15-2013, 10:24 AM
They're really just massively powerful demons so it would make sense that they could, I don't know of any fluff that states either way though.

Well, according to the the fluff, demons are tiny shards of their patron gods, yes.

A god has to feed it's minions wast amounts of energy for them to stay in the material universe.

My guess would be that they simply don't have the power needed to sustain themselves in the material universe.

But thats just my guess. :)

neutrino
05-15-2013, 02:56 PM
i think a chaos god could manifest into the warp if they made enough sacrifices or what ever

Eldar_Atog
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
I would give the nod to the Chaos gods. Slannesh, as a new born, destroyed 99% of the pre-Fall Eldar and turned their section of the galaxy into a Chaos rich environment.

apahllo
05-20-2013, 06:55 PM
bjorn is a good one, kinda like the ultimate badass of 40k. abaddon is another prime choice, but i think the failed crusades would rule him out as a top contender. the ctan are scary but cypher killed one so i think they are below their hype.

my vote goes to ragnar, uber martial prowess, full of piss and vinegar, and most importantly he has got sh*t to prove before he becomes greatwolf.

Jason_kharo
05-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Purely going by Fluffiness, it would be one of the Greater Daemons, most probably Doombreed, or Kaldor Draigo, or Abbadon. One of those three. Saying that, Mephiston, Ahriman or Tibirious would come very close.

Statlines wise? Somewhere a mix of a Swarmlord or really beefed up Daemon.

bfmusashi
05-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Conrad Wilson, The Emperor's Immortal Janitor Ventriloquist.

Katharon
08-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I would say that the Hive Mind might be...