PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for army transportation...

Sparfunk
11-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Hiya guys, I was hoping I could get some advice on this one...

My missus got me some eldar stuff from FW for my bday so I figured why not dive in and make the corsair force of my dreams. I then came to the realisation on my way to work this morning that I have this army about to turn up yet I have NO idea how to transport it sensibly.

4 falcons, 3 warp hunters, 3 hornets and 2 nightwings. Assuming I can magnetise the warp hunter gun, hornet guns and the falcon turret, it will still be a nightmare to carry to my local gaming club...

I can't really afford battlefoam custom cut stuff, so I was wondering what other peoples thoughts were? particularly the KR eldar trays that appear to fit 3 falcons? Any ideas? Or should I just shell out for a stupidly expensive case to go with the stupidly expensive models?

Cheers in advance for any advice!

Denzark
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Hiya guys, I was hoping I could get some advice on this one...

My missus got me some eldar stuff from FW for my bday so I figured why not dive in and make the corsair force of my dreams. I then came to the realisation on my way to work this morning that I have this army about to turn up yet I have NO idea how to transport it sensibly.

4 falcons, 3 warp hunters, 3 hornets and 2 nightwings. Assuming I can magnetise the warp hunter gun, hornet guns and the falcon turret, it will still be a nightmare to carry to my local gaming club...

I can't really afford battlefoam custom cut stuff, so I was wondering what other peoples thoughts were? particularly the KR eldar trays that appear to fit 3 falcons? Any ideas? Or should I just shell out for a stupidly expensive case to go with the stupidly expensive models?

Cheers in advance for any advice!

This!

Sparfunk
11-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Blergh, I feared that. I'll check out their site tomorrow, the custom tray app isn't working on this computer for some reason :(

Gir
11-05-2012, 06:14 PM
All my stuff is in KR Multicases. If they'll fit, I suggest you get them.

TheBitzBarn
11-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Army Transport Works just as well but cheaper

Kirsten
11-05-2012, 07:39 PM
you can never go wrong with a sturdy cardboard box and some polystyrene packing wotsits. I have a couple of army transport motor pool cases, they work well, but then they are for my guard, that are al rectangular vehicles, curving eldar shapes might be less secure, I dont know if they do race specific stuff or not.

wittdooley
11-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I you're going to spend the money on nice, premium models, spend the money to protect them. BattleFoam is the correct answer here.

windspear
11-06-2012, 12:50 AM
I you're going to spend the money on nice, premium models, spend the money to protect them. BattleFoam is the correct answer here.

and simply purchase your own foam and cut to fit your models. This is what I do, the boxes that GW usually uses to ship models in are awesome for making carrying/shipping/storing cases from.

Emerald Rose Widow
11-06-2012, 03:15 AM

I have to agree 100% here, if you have those sort of models, just get the good stuff. I mean if you want something to work for now until you can afford the good stuff, just get ahold of some upholstery foam and cut out the shapes you need. That should just be temporary though.

pauljc
11-06-2012, 03:49 AM
BattleFoam, Citadel Case, Army Transport.. take your pick really, they all work the same. Differences are mainly relative to their owners. Personally I don't give a crap which brand case I've got, as long as it works.

But as has been said, invest. Cases are a one-time thing. You don't need to buy a new case for the same army every year. About 6 years ago, I bought a GW Citadel case. I still use it today. It works just fine. Cost me 50 euros or something.

Also, have some pride for your expensive resin and plastic crack. Don't put your stuff in cardboard banana boxes. :P

Sparfunk
11-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Cheers for all the responses guys. It was never a case of badly transporting em :P just if I don't have cases they won't be going anywhere soon. I do have a BF case already that will apparently fit the custom foams, so I will see if I can get at least the nightwings and the hornets into custom trays and the rest into pluck foam perhaps.

OrksOrksOrks
11-06-2012, 08:07 AM
KR are better, cheaper and you're not dealing with the guy from BF, who is a raging dickhead.