PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Chaos Marines - 2000pts.

Eberk
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi all,

This weekend I finalized my CSM army list which I'm going to build (with input from the CSM Tactica found on this forum).

Fluff-wise is it the warband of an Emperors Children Captain who fought on Terra during the Horus Heresy but not fully succumbed to the warping influence of Chaos (and thus the warband looks more like a regular SM army than a Chaos Warband). They arrived just after the Emperors Children Legion tore itself apart in the Eye of Terror and from then on wandered like all the other warbands. Fully committed to Slaanesh and far beyond redemption but unwilling to let the warp change them. Slaanesh favors their choice to experience all sensations while remaining "pure of form" and allows it for the time being.
(that's the story in short, needs to be expanded)

I just wanted to post it here to see what you guys think about it.

HQ
-Chaos Lord - power sword, plasma pistol, meltabombs, aura of dark glory, MoS & VotLW
-Chaos Sorcerer - psyker lvl.2, MoS & VotLW

ELITE
-3 Chaos Terminators - 2 combi-plasmas, chainfist, lightning claw, combi-melta & lightning claw (for champion), MoS & VotLW

TROOPS
-6 Noise Marines - replace boltgun with CCW, power sword, doom siren, melta bombs, icon of excess & VotLW (= bodyguard for the Chaos Lord)
riding a Chaos Rhino - dirge caster & havoc launcher
-12 Noise Marines - 11 sonic blasters, blastmaster & VotLW (= bodyguard for the Sorcerer)
-12 Chaos Space Marines - plasma gun, autocannon & VotLW
-12 Chaos Cultists - shotgun, heavy stubber & 10 autoguns

FAST ATTACK
-6 Raptors - power sword, 2 meltaguns, MoS & VotLW
-Helldrake - baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
-6 Havocs - 2 missile launchers, 2 flakk missiles, lascannon & VotLW
-Chaos Vindicator - combi-bolter
-Forgefiend

The 3 Terminators, 6 Noise Marines (+Lord), 6 Raptors and Helldrake are supposed to disrupt my opponents plans by being nuisances (kill vehicles, grab objective,...). The 12 Noise Marines (+Sorcerer), 12 CSM's and 12 Cultists are midfielders -> grabbing objectives and shoot for all they are worth. The rest of the army (6 Havocs, Chaos Vindicator & Forgefiend) just needs to give long-ranged fire support (and draw fire away from the other units).

I know that against some lists I will suffer (flier heavy for example) but in general I think it is a good all-round list while keeping to my fluff.

So... ready for your remarks and opinions :)

DWest
11-05-2012, 12:45 AM
Looks good overall, I would make one suggestion- drop the Autoguns on the Cultists and upgrade to a Sigil of Corruption on the Lord. The extra point of ++ save is extremely useful from my experience.

Also keep in mind that at 2000 points, you are permitted 2 FOCs, which can be an unpleasant surprise when that 3rd HQ or 4th Elite shows up.

Eberk
11-06-2012, 01:25 AM
While the Sigil of Corruption is a very good idea, I don't like to drop the autoguns on the Cultists. Their battlefield role is to sit on an objective and shoot, close combat is something they should never be involved in. So the autoguns are the best tool for that role. (and if they, by accident manage to kill a single space marine they have paid back their points for their guns :))