PDA

View Full Version : Night Lords: Void Stalker

Jmaximum
11-04-2012, 08:12 AM
First and foremost: I hope they make a miniature squad of Talos and First claw, and even a venerable dreadnought version of Malcharion. And maybe even a Raptor squad of the Bleeding Eyes.

Now, on to the book.

All in, he three books so far have been an awesome read, and actually made me understand why the Night Lords do what they do.
However, the events towards the end of the book leave something to be desired with a lot of open endings, which leads me to believe that there will be a fourth book.

************************************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ************************************************** *********

Who the hell is Decimus? He shows up described as wearing pieces of all of First Claw's armor. The naming convention implies a slave name (how talos renamed all his slaves first, second, third, etc.) And there was foreshadowing earlier in the book that Variel would take the child of Septimus and Octavia and turn him into a marine.

I would really like to know what happens to Octavia and Septimus, as well as Malcharion, the slave girl Malhara (sp?), Adept Deltrian, Apothecary Variel and the rest, and if First Claw is truly entirely wiped out.
I was also a little confused about what happened to Uzas's sanity towards the end: he seems to return to normalcy after treading the path of a Khorne Berzerker, only to fall right back in to it for no reason. He definitely is the tragic hero.

And the fight scenes with Jain Zar are very cool, especially how she meets her end.

Archon
11-04-2012, 02:13 PM
He definitely is the tragic hero.

No hero at all. Just a psychotic killing machine - curiously a one, youŽll learn to like a bit above the three books ;-)

Why, this board has no spoiler function?!

Lexington
11-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Pretty sure A D-B's said Void Stalker's it for a while. This was Talos' story, and that's at an end. Anything more would feel unnecessary.

I think we got a pretty good (if grim) look at Septimus and Octavia's future near the end of Blood Reaver. It's definitely implied that Decimus is their child, but there's also the possibility that he was given over willingly...

Jmaximum
11-05-2012, 08:01 AM
Pretty sure A D-B's said Void Stalker's it for a while. This was Talos' story, and that's at an end. Anything more would feel unnecessary.

I think we got a pretty good (if grim) look at Septimus and Octavia's future near the end of Blood Reaver. It's definitely implied that Decimus is their child, but there's also the possibility that he was given over willingly...

Octavia is still pregnant by the end of Void Stalker (the last book).

And the other guys is right: it was Taol's story, and maybe hero was the wrong term, but you do get a feel for them. First Claw is not just the one-dimensional SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE or blah blah blah Slaanesh bad guys. They evoke a sense of understanding for why they do what they do. It almost makes them relateable.