PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy in San Francisco

generalg
11-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Looking for more players out in SF,CA!

I am currently playing on Warhammer Saturdays at Gamescape on 333 Divisadero Street, and we are looking to start a League.
Come by any Saturday if in the area and interested.

ElectricPaladin
11-03-2012, 11:00 PM
I mostly play at Endgame Oakland these days, because I recently moved to Oakland. I can't really come to game Saturdays until the summer (<-- is a middle school teacher). At the moment, my game evening is Tuesdays and I'm mostly playing 40k (and trying to scare up some Infinity...). Eventually my interest will shift and I'll be doing Fantasy on Thursdays, if you want to join us...

generalg
11-03-2012, 11:21 PM
I've heard some concerns about the sportsmanship at Endgame, what have you found?

I mostly play at Endgame Oakland these days, because I recently moved to Oakland. I can't really come to game Saturdays until the summer (<-- is a middle school teacher). At the moment, my game evening is Tuesdays and I'm mostly playing 40k (and trying to scare up some Infinity...). Eventually my interest will shift and I'll be doing Fantasy on Thursdays, if you want to join us...

ElectricPaladin
11-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I've heard some concerns about the sportsmanship at Endgame, what have you found?

I can say that I've never had any problems with any of the Tuesday night 40k players. I've never actually been to a Fantasy night, so for all I know they're a bunch of jerks. I doubt it, though. I know that at least a few of the 40k guys I already know are some of the Fantasy guys.

ElectricPaladin
11-03-2012, 11:28 PM
You know what? I'd recommend you come check the scene out yourself. As far as I can tell, there's a small subset of gamers at every store who will talk smack about the other guys. At Gamescape they say that the Games of Berkeley 40k players are cutthroat. It's true, they're a little bit tournament-focused, but they aren't bad. They, in turn, say that the Endgame Fantasy players have poor sportsmanship. They probably have sh*t to talk about Gamescape. Or maybe the loop is larger and includes Gator Games, or Gamescape North. I dunno. Scout it out and draw your own conclusions, then report back and let me know!

generalg
11-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Saturdays at Gamescape right now work the best for me, but I'll take a drive over to Endgame sometime. Thanks!