PDA

View Full Version : Mixed allies

Lord of the Dead
11-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I've been looking over the rules for allies and i must say...... you can have some pretty interesting combinations if you field things right and are playing over 2000 points.

exaples
Main force Imp guard w/blood angles and chaos marines

Main force Necrons W/ grey knights and chaos deamons

the possibilities are endless

yet this will only work on games over 2000 points and if you keep your allies on opposite sides.

Nabterayl
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I don't think that works. As page 110 states, "As stated earlier, taking an extra primary detachment allows you to take an additional allied detachment (which must be from the same codex as your other allied detachment)."

EDIT: Both primary detachments have to be taken from the same codex as well. Also page 110: "All pdmary detachments must be taken from the same codex."

magickbk
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Pretty sure the FAQ states that additional primary detachments and allied detachments have to come from the same codex books at over 2000, so, for example: 2000 points Imperial Guard with Blood Angels Allies is 2 FOC from Codex: Imperial Guard, and 2 Allied Detachments from Codex Blood Angels.

Denzark
11-03-2012, 04:48 AM
I've been looking over the rules for allies and i must say...... you can have some pretty broken combinations if you are a beardy cheese spamming power gamer and are playing over 2000 points.

exaples
Main force Imp guard w/blood angles and chaos marines

Main force Necrons W/ grey knights and chaos deamons

the possibilities are endless

yet this will only work on games over 2000 points and if you keep your allies on opposite sides.

Here fixed that for you.

Chumbalaya
11-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Here fixed that for you.

Before you get your panties in a twist, 2 different allies isn't legal. Even if it was, though, it would be an incredible balancing act to get everything you want within the points value. 3HQs, 4 Troop minimum is a lot of points. Hardly enough to justify your attitude.

bfmusashi
11-03-2012, 10:39 AM
All that work 'fixing' it and you still let the Necron/GK/Daemons alliance fly. Daemons can ally with neither faction and I think I'm missing something. But, shoot Den, tell us the game breaking list you have in mind. I'm really curious.

Denzark
11-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Before you get your panties in a twist, 2 different allies isn't legal. Even if it was, though, it would be an incredible balancing act to get everything you want within the points value. 3HQs, 4 Troop minimum is a lot of points. Hardly enough to justify your attitude.

They're not in a twist, I'm not wearing any...

All that work 'fixing' it and you still let the Necron/GK/Daemons alliance fly. Daemons can ally with neither faction and I think I'm missing something. But, shoot Den, tell us the game breaking list you have in mind. I'm really curious.

Yeah, funny, I deigned not to repeat what other people had already picked up. Actually, I have never tried to come up with a game breaking list, doesn't sound like a fun thing to do tbh. So no worry of you getting to kill the cat just yet.