PDA

View Full Version : Chaos vehicle upgrades

Belial69
11-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Okay, bare with me on this one. On the wargear page it says " a model can take up to one each of the following" then proceeds to list the upgrades. Reading down the list, combi-bolters and variant combi-bolters are listed seperately, so it's possible to put one of each on a vehicle. Now a rhino already has one. So would it be buy an additional one of each for 3 combi weapons or only add the variant combi for a total of 2? Assuming that the one it already has counts as the one you may buy included for free?

Also can see why helbrutes can't take upgrades, lol.

heretic marine
11-01-2012, 07:31 AM
it can take 1 combi-bolter, one comb-weapon, and one havoc launcher, and since the rhino already has a combi-bolter it could have a total of 4 weapons. it is nice but I am not sure if it was intended to be that way.
I don't have the book with me so I could be wrong.

inquisitorsog
11-01-2012, 08:01 AM
I agree with that read: you can add 1 more combibolter, one more combi-other, a havoc launcher all to the same vehicle.

Don't forget while you're dropping those points on shooty rhino to spend 5 more points to add soul blaze to all of that.

Now, that little rhino is one of these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Armored_cavalry_assault_vehicle.jpg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Armored_cavalry_assault_vehicle.jpg

BTW, I'd recommend not getting your hopes up that won't be errata'ed. It's hard to argue with the RAW, but I think it's likely a typo. Til then, magnets are your friend.

Belial69
11-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, can't see it being allowed for long, lol. Although, I have just realised that you can slap the 2 combis and a havoc onto a defiled, on top of its other guns, and being a walker it can fore the lot :-S

Belial69
11-01-2012, 10:01 AM
....stormraven hurricane bolters on a rhino, one side at least, lol....

dreadnoughtguy
11-01-2012, 10:45 AM
you must be new to chaos ... you were able to do this up till the last crapy dex.

Belial69
11-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Chaos since 3rd, just never noticed it before, lol.

inquisitorsog
11-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I could be fuzzy on it, but I don't recall the combi-weapons being an option in 3d. Just the havoc and combibolter.