PDA

View Full Version : 6th Edition Space Wolves with Dreadnoughts 1500pt ... Thoughts?

Whereswaldo
10-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I was playing around with the idea of using Thunder Wolf Calvary in my foot list but I was looking threw and I have a Blackreach Dreadnought sitting around (and I can borrow another one). I have been running a foot list similar to this but I had problems a few weeks ago with a dark elder army running msu venoms / ravagers with lances. I really do not want to go drop a lot of money at this time so I’m looking at this for a little more viability.

I am thinking about adding in a CML Wolf Guard, 2 Dreadnoughts with MM, CCW foot slogging with the rest of the army, and swapping the RP’s powers to divination and sticking him with the long fangs to my usual list. – I figure with the extra survivability in the long fangs and divination / 2 Multi-Melta dreads that have 2 attacks with 3 on the charge Str 10 Int 4 CCW should help with vehicles (between the MM and possible close combat) – I ended up dropping 2 Lone Wolves (Hated losing them but people started out maneuvering them or locking them up with a squad of cheap infantry) and a 3 HB 2 PC long fang squad (the HB / PC squad was either great or useless in games). I can also kit the dreads out with 2 autocannons and extra armor for the same amount of points if needed (going to play around with both setups).

HQ:

Rune Priest (Terminator Armor, Chooser of the Slain - Divination) – 130 {Attached to the Long Fang unit}

Elites:

5 Wolf Guard (5 Terminator Armor, 5 Power Axes, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher) – 195 {Pack Leaders for Grey Hunters, Cyclone Missile Launcher Wolf Guard is the Pack Leader for Long Fangs}
Dreadnought (Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor, Wolftooth Necklace) – 140
Dreadnought (Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor, Wolftooth Necklace) – 140

Troops:

10 Grey Hunters (2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard, Mark of the Wulfen) – 185

Heavy Support:

6 Long Fangs (4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) – 155

Total Points = 1500

Whereswaldo
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM
anyone?

Wolfshade
11-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Surely the wolf standard and MotW would be better suited for CC troops?

alshrive
11-01-2012, 10:45 AM
personally i do not like your Long Fangs that much. a single lascannon isn't going to change things considerably. I think you would be better off with all missile launchers personally.