PDA

View Full Version : 1999pt Space Wolf list

wellweee
10-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Getting ready for a tournament, and so i'm rebuilding my space wolf force for the new edition (sadly most of their vehicles were requisitioned by my blood angels army). It does mean that this list is limited by what I can buy/have left, hence why I have units with flamers, heavy bolters etc.

HQ

Wolf Lord
Thunder Wolf
Storm Shield
Frost Axe
Runic Armour
Wolftooth
Wolf Tail
Saga of the Warrior Born

270pts

(To join the unit of Thunder Wolves, and basically rip apart anything he runs into. I'm pretty happy with this set up, although expensive, the only thing I'm thinking about is swapping the Saga of Warrior Born to the Saga of the Bear, but being T5 means that those pesky battle cannons/meltas/lascannons can't instant kill him, and he has a 3+ invul, so he should be safe... right?)

Rune Priest
Plasma
Chooser of the Slain
Living Lightning and JOTWW
125pts

Rune Priest
Master of Runes
Divination
150pts

(The living lightning priest sits back with the long fangs and zaps anything he doesn't like, and the other joins a GH squad.)

Elites

4 Wolf Guard
1 w/ powerfist
3 w/ Power weapons (1 Power Axe, 2 power sword)
122pts

(break up to lead the GH squads)

Troops

10 GH
2 Plasma
160pts

10 GH
2 Plasma
160pts

10 GH
2 flamers
150pts

10 GH
1 melta, 1 plasma
155pts

Fast Attack

3 Thunderwolf Cavalry
3 Storm Shields
1 Power Fist
265pts

10 Fenrisian Wolves
80pts

(The main hammer of the force, the Thunderwolves run forwards, using the smaller wolves as a screen. Basically with these things closing on you it should allow my main force to move forward unhindered.)

Heavy Support

5 Long Fangs
4 missiles
115pts

5 Long Fangs
2 missiles & 2 heavy bolters
105pts

Fortifcations

Aegis Defence Line
Icarus lascannon
85pts

(my base line fire support. No need to explain this too much. The Icarus is there to save points, and as I reckon it's easily enough to deal with the odd flier, plus it adds a bit more heavy anti tank to the list.)

Total 1942pts

An idea I've been toying with is to reduce the Thunderwolves by 1 (the PF one) for a Wolf Guard battle leader on TWM, with PF and SS and Saga of the Hunter. Basically make the unit outflanking, but it would require another 20pts. Below are the models I've left out. So Thoughts?

Spare Models

Predator (autocannon and lascannon sponsons)
Wolf scouts (5, 1 with meltagun)
Rhino
Razorback (TW lascannon)
Land Raider Redeemer