PDA

View Full Version : Allies pros and cons

Lord of the Dead
10-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Just another morning of random thoughts!! I was thinking of running a Necron and Ork list, then i was thinking how fun it would be. Low tech with super tech. I see fun times with allies and i see getting beat up like a red headed step child! ( if you're a red headed step child you'll get over it ) Just wondering who else has made some fun list.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 05:28 AM
I thought Americans didn't take the piss out of gingers like we do? O_o

bfmusashi
10-30-2012, 05:49 AM
You know that Top Gear episode where they try to drive across Alabama with inflammatory messages on their cars? That part of the country.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Oh did they show that stateside? lol

Aegwymourn
10-30-2012, 07:11 AM
I had a good laugh. It is on netflix at least I dunno if they aired it normally though.

bfmusashi
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
It was on the clip show last night. Since BBC America is mostly Top Gear, Kitchen Nightmares (both shows), and Star Trek: the Next Generation it's what I've been watching the last couple of weeks.

Denzark
10-31-2012, 08:11 AM
let me guess - Cron Air crossed with Nob Bikers? Actually doesn't sound any fun to me.

magickbk
10-31-2012, 09:36 AM
I am all for Allies that make story sense, and against Allies that don't. Necrons and Orks sound too much like that 'C' word for my liking...

Lost Vyper
10-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Playing with Eldar, i don't even bother. Tried SW´s, but, njah, too marine for my taste. It might be also, that my FLGS doesn't have a player with Dark Eldar or Tau. If there was, then maybe. I´ve heard good things about the dark kin teaming up with the jollier one...

Cap'nSmurfs
10-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Great thing with allies: In many cases you can run a new, small collection alongside your main one, in order to test out some things and see how they work, still playing games even when you don't have too much of the new stuff. And the testing means you can get into a new army carefully without having to go really big with something that you may not end up liking.

This is how I'm planning to build up some Eldar when the new book hits, at least. :)

Chumbalaya
10-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Orks and Necrons are my favorite armies anyway, so now I get to use them together. Are the Orks mind-controlled slaves or has the power of the Waagh somehow overcome the Necrons' mindshackle scarabs? How about looted tin boyz?

L192837465
10-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Orks and Necrons are my favorite armies anyway, so now I get to use them together. Are the Orks mind-controlled slaves or has the power of the Waagh somehow overcome the Necrons' mindshackle scarabs? How about looted tin boyz?

Looted Necron Warriors! Their entire race is machines and orks make machines work "by thinking they will work". Makes sense to me.

Mr Mystery
10-31-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm going to use my Heresy era Emperor's Children as 'antique' mind shackle victims...

inquisitorsog
10-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Domo arigato Mister Orkboto?

DarkLink
10-31-2012, 05:58 PM
I thought Americans didn't take the piss out of gingers like we do? O_o

You should watch more South Park.

Denzark
11-01-2012, 04:44 AM

Chumby this is a good story. However the vast mmajority of Necron-Ork armies (can we call them 'Norks'?) will be cron air/ nob biker for the power gamer fraternity.

Chumbalaya
11-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Chumby this is a good story. However the vast mmajority of Necron-Ork armies (can we call them 'Norks'?) will be cron air/ nob biker for the power gamer fraternity.

So? People are free to play their armies how they like. I try not to get worked up over how somebody else plays with their war dollies.