PDA

View Full Version : Joss Whedon endorses Mitt Romney's vision for the impending zombie apocalypse.

MaltonNecromancer
10-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I laughed. Quite hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6TiXUF9xbTo#t=106s

DrLove42
10-29-2012, 09:01 AM
I love you Joss.

Psychosplodge
10-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Romney scares me, but Zomney scares me less as he probably can't vocalise the nuclear launch codes.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Well played Whedon. Well played...

aleyland
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
"He's not afraid to face a ravening, grasping horde of subhumans; because that's how he sees poor people already.." haha! Joss is awesome..

Wolfshade
10-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm ready for the apocalypse!

wittdooley
10-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow....Respect diminished.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Don't just say that without a reason...

eldargal
10-30-2012, 12:47 AM
That is amusing.:)

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 02:36 AM
I am hoping for slow zombies personally

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 03:04 AM
It is easier that way...

eldargal
10-30-2012, 03:50 AM
I'm ambivelent to the variety of zombie on account of them not existing and being very boring.:p I think Romney von Carstein would be much more interesting than Zomney.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 03:59 AM
You do realise Vampyres don't sparkle right? :D

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 04:09 AM

It's ok, it's a low powered vampire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZ70ukBMTY)

eldargal
10-30-2012, 04:11 AM
I've read like one chapter of Twilight before giving it up in disgust, I'm well aware that vampires don't sparkle.:p

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 04:14 AM
I've read them all. Though I have to admit if I start to read something I have to complete it and all of the series. There is one (and only one) exception to this Dan Brown, though it still gnaws at me that there are books in the robert langdon story arc that I've not read.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Brilliant.

eldargal
10-30-2012, 04:20 AM
I read a chapter of one of Dan Browns books and gave up in disgust with that also.

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I read a chapter of one of Dan Browns books and gave up in disgust with that also.
Well two thirds of it is repeating what has already been written. I wished that I could stop reading books when I dislike them

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 04:40 AM
. I wished that I could stop reading books when I dislike them

This^
This is why I read all the twilight books, because I made the mistake of starting the first( I knew I'd be been dragged to see it a cinema, and like to read the book if I'm aware its based on a book)
And I've avoided any contact with fifty shades...

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 04:54 AM
The wife has read that, and it's sequels, she thought the sex was very much over hyped

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 05:08 AM
Yeah the SO has just read it, her and a friend are going to do a pisstake in cosplay character video at somepoint apparently, and it's very tame according to her. They've marked the worst bit out and everything...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmbndYdNr1qe81xdo1_500.jpg

lobster-overlord
10-30-2012, 06:46 AM
I've read like one chapter of Twilight before giving it up in disgust, I'm well aware that vampires don't sparkle.:p

Only as the start to spontaneous combustion when in the sunlight.

eldargal
10-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Yep, real Vampires burst into flames or disintegrate into dust. If it's good enough for Count Duckula, it's good enough for some limp wristed, damp eyed twit named Edward. If I still wore t-shirts I'd get one of those 'Buffy slew Edward' t-shirts. Which, incidentally, is how I know one of the Twilight vampires names is Edward.:rolleyes:

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 07:17 AM
No, they are just low powered during daylight have you not read Dracula?

eldargal
10-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Yep and it is quite overrated. I'm aware the bursting into flames thing is a more recent addition to the myth, I like it.:p The 'real vampires' thing, though, was just me being silly.

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 07:23 AM
I realised with the reference to Duckula, after all he is a vegiterian, I found the whole concept fowl

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Very punny...¬_¬

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 07:36 AM
I have been clumslily droping puns all over the forum this afternoon

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 07:45 AM
I know, it just reached a critical load and tripped my pun response... :p

wittdooley
10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Well, I was going to provide some insight on why my respect for Mr. Whedon has been diminished, but that is clearly no longer the purpose of this thread.

FYI - It's getting tiresome to continue to hear how "little" Mr. Romney cares about people from those that refuse to acknowledge that 29% of his gross income last year went to charity (as compared to 26% TOTAL for Obama & Biden). And oh yeah...that's without deducting another $2M (another 15%) so that he could stay above the "approved" tax bracket. So in total, in 2011 Romney gave nearly $6M to charities. The Obamas gave $172K, and Biden gave a princely $5K.

Again, tired of hearing how Romney doesn't care about people.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't care if he cares, I don't really care how much anyone gives to charity, especially if its a tax dodge, in fact I see that as immoral as it's not really their money to give if they should have paid it as tax instead. I care that he scares me, more than George W ever did.

There's what 250M voters in the US, that could potentially decide the fate of the world...

feel free to reference whatever the thread started as We're used to jumping back O/T :D

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 08:08 AM
What is this donation as a % of annual income?

MaltonNecromancer
10-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Yep, real Vampires burst into flames or disintegrate into dust.

Nonsense. Gary Oldman in Bram Stoker's Dracula manages to be absolutely terrifying and gloriously vampiric, and the fact he can go out in daylight makes him more scary, not less.

Plus, I was always under the impression that vampires killed by sunlight was an entirely modern conceit, brought about by the death of Orlock in Nosferatu. In myth, Western vampires are usually quite fine in sunlight. Plus, the sunlight vulnerability makes them significantly less threatening generally, or as a friend of mine put it:

"Why would I be scared of vampires? They're just serial killers with allergies."

Plus, if vampires don't just dust/ash upon death, it makes it a lot harder to get away with being a vampire hunter, as you have to hide every kill you make. Which, if the game is set in UK 2012 is pretty damn hard to do, and becomes a large, interesting, and intergal part of gameplay - the clean-up has as many story opportunities as the kill. Speaking as a long-time World of Darkness ST, it makes for much more tension if every vampire you murder is actually treated as a murder, not just killing a dyed-in-the-wool, "bwah-ha-ha" baddie. Also means when the vampires go "You're not so different" to the hunters, it rings a lot truer.

Deadlift
10-30-2012, 08:51 AM
The Necroscope books by Brian Lumley are a fantastic read if your after some dark fiction. Very dark and scary and full of some truly evil vampires.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necroscope

Not much gives me the creeps, these books sure as hell did

wittdooley
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't care if he cares, I don't really care how much anyone gives to charity, especially if its a tax dodge, in fact I see that as immoral as it's not really their money to give if they should have paid it as tax instead.

Not really their money? Whaaaaaaa? Tax Dodge? Whaaaaaaa? Please, elaborate. I donate both time and money to local charities. Should I stop and simply pay more taxes? Seriously?

wittdooley
10-30-2012, 09:58 AM
What is this donation as a % of annual income?

Romney donated roughly $6M to charity this year, $4M of which were claimed on his taxes. That accounts for just under 50% of his annual income.

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 10:00 AM
If you get a tax break for donating money to charity, that's money you should have paid as tax, and isn't really your money to donate.

Time's irrelevant, and money you pay out of your net earnings that you don't take a tax break on isn't an issue.

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Romney donated roughly $6M to charity this year, $4M of which were claimed on his taxes. That accounts for just under 50% of his annual income.

Sorry let me explain, I know that Romney comes from an industrialist back ground but I've no idea of what Obama did and so if you donate $6 million and it is 50% and Obama donates $172K and that is 75% then that is the difference.

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM
If you get a tax break for donating money to charity, that's money you should have paid as tax, and isn't really your money to donate.

Time's irrelevant, and money you pay out of your net earnings that you don't take a tax break on isn't an issue.

Don't forget we have salary sacrifice scheme so you can drop more into pension pots which in effect drop your salary but works out to be more tax efficient, maybe charitable donations are handled before tax is removed?

Psychosplodge
10-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't forget we have salary sacrifice scheme so you can drop more into pension pots which in effect drop your salary but works out to be more tax efficient, maybe charitable donations are handled before tax is removed?

But that's the problem, it's money you should have paid in tax, or been taxed on. And your pension fund is taxed everyyear so they've only moved where it gets taxed, not if it does.

eg oh look I've paid £3M to charity, but now the governments got to find the £2M in tax somewhere else, usually the poor sods that pay PAYE...

wittdooley
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Sorry let me explain, I know that Romney comes from an industrialist back ground but I've no idea of what Obama did and so if you donate $6 million and it is 50% and Obama donates $172K and that is 75% then that is the difference.

This year Obama donated rougly 21%; Romney donated 29%. Romney, over the past 10 years Romney averages around 17% of total income donated to charity while Obama sits at around 7% total donated. Biden, over the past ten years, donates less than I do at under 1% total income, or around $350 bucks.

Wildeybeast
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Plus, if vampires don't just dust/ash upon death, it makes it a lot harder to get away with being a vampire hunter, as you have to hide every kill you make. Which, if the game is set in UK 2012 is pretty damn hard to do, and becomes a large, interesting, and intergal part of gameplay - the clean-up has as many story opportunities as the kill.

Pigs. They eat anything. I think the only thing they won't digest is the teeth, so make sure you take them out first.

Wolfshade
10-30-2012, 04:54 PM
This year Obama donated rougly 21%; Romney donated 29%. Romney, over the past 10 years Romney averages around 17% of total income donated to charity while Obama sits at around 7% total donated. Biden, over the past ten years, donates less than I do at under 1% total income, or around $350 bucks.

So I would suggest that the two aren't that dissimilar this year, though the previous decade is quite telling. Tell me, is the American public, in your opinion, influenced by philanthropy. From my point of view, Romney has made quite a few gaffs, but then Obama doesn't seem to have done anything other than the obama-care, which coming from a tradition of the NHS I am in favour of. It is a tough call with whom I agree more over their policies. The decider is that Obama seems to have been largely ineffective...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Yep, real Vampires burst into flames or disintegrate into dust. If it's good enough for Count Duckula, it's good enough for some limp wristed, damp eyed twit named Edward. If I still wore t-shirts I'd get one of those 'Buffy slew Edward' t-shirts. Which, incidentally, is how I know one of the Twilight vampires names is Edward.:rolleyes:

She's a keeper. :D