PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Point Space Wolves Footslog with Thunder Wolves ... Need Help

Whereswaldo
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I normally play SW footslog - my normal possible matchups can be orcs, nids, tau, dark eldar, chaos. Recently I have been doing pretty well until I ran up against a de list with mass venoms / lances and I am looking for something that allows me keep the footslog theme (and not buy 4-6 rhinos / razorback) but still be effective. From my normal list I dropped my Rune Priest in Termie Armor, MOTW from all of the Grey Hunters, one Long Fang unit, and 2 Lone Wolves - I just need something faster to get across the board and deal with transports / armor/ other fast attack. I put Storm Shields on all of the thunderwolves mainly because they will be across the board for a few turns before the rest of the army gets there.

HQ:

Wolf Lord (Thunder Wolf, Runic Armor, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Saga of the Bear) – 260 {Attached to the Thunder Wolf Calvary unit}

Elite:

4 Wolf Guard (4 Terminator Armor, 4 Power Axes) – 132 {Pack Leaders for the Grey Hunters}

Troops:

10 Grey Hunters (2 Plasma Guns, Wolf Standard) - 170

Fast Attack:

3 Thunder Wolf Calvary (3 Storm Shield, 1 Thunder Hammer) – 270

Heavy Support:

6 Long Fangs (4 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon) – 155

Total:

= 1497

celestialatc
10-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Surprised to see a wolf lord without the necklace that lets him hit on 3s. I think you should find points and get that, it amazing.

Whereswaldo
10-27-2012, 01:41 PM
WS 6 Lord ... so I shouldnt really need one unless it other unit has a 6 or better. I guess I could drop the lascannon to a missile launcher and scoop it - its something to think about

Whereswaldo
10-27-2012, 05:40 PM
bump.