PDA

View Full Version : Rolling for Psychic powers

Anakzar
10-26-2012, 05:44 AM
I have been through the book several times and can't find where it states you can toss the powers you have and roll on the tables for new ones.

I see people talking about doing that for Tyranids and the new powers do look interesting.

Can anyone give me a page number in the rules or a FaQ ect?

From what I read if the Psyker has powers listed in the codex then he uses those if no powers listed then he rolls on which ever discipline table he knows... supposed to be listed in the codex. But most races still have 5th ed codices...

Wolfshade
10-26-2012, 05:50 AM
In the codex specific faq for 5th.

For example from the FAQ for Codex: Blood Angels

PSYCHIC POWERS
A Blood Angels Librarian (including Mephiston) may use the
psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook,
instead of those in Codex: Blood Angels. If he does so, generate
two new powers from the Biomancy, Divination, Telepathy or
Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are
deployed.

Wolfshade
10-26-2012, 05:51 AM
From: Tyranid FAQ (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2570053a_Tyranids_v1.1.pdf)

Psychic Powers
Any model with psychic powers may use the psychic disciplines
found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in
Codex: Tyranids. If it does so, for each psychic power it has from
Codex: Tyranids (including those it has purchased), generate a
new power from either the Biomancy, Telekinesis or Telepathy
disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.

JMichael
10-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Be sure to read your FAQ closely. Just because a unit is a psyker, does not mean it can swap powers. For example only a Grey Knight Librarian and Inquisitor can swap their powers.
You must also have powers to swap, so you have to purchase 2 powers to be able to roll for 2 new ones, etc.

jamesdean13
10-26-2012, 12:53 PM
I have been through the book several times and can't find where it states you can toss the powers you have and roll on the tables for new ones.

I see people talking about doing that for Tyranids and the new powers do look interesting.

Can anyone give me a page number in the rules or a FaQ ect?

From what I read if the Psyker has powers listed in the codex then he uses those if no powers listed then he rolls on which ever discipline table he knows... supposed to be listed in the codex. But most races still have 5th ed codices...

If you play 40k you really need to know where to find these.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440134a&categoryId=1000018&section=&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2&multiPageMode=true

Anggul
10-27-2012, 03:57 AM
Yes, Biomancy is pure Tyranid gold, use it and love it.

Telepathy is also amusing with the Swarmlord and sometimes Zoanthropes.

rtmaitreya
10-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Telekinesis is the only one for me. We have a Necron player, and blood angelz in various boxes. All I need are a few rolls of "3" and I can shut that stuff down fast.