PDA

View Full Version : WIP DA jump pack chaplain

Lion'el
10-25-2012, 02:10 AM
i built this out of my bits box scraps. cause i just felt like making a chaplain with a jump pack.
im stingy with my coin and i almost never spend my own money on blister pack HQ
all these parts were traded and salvaged.
legs and right arm from emporor's champion.
standard jump pack, glaive and standard from tactical kits. i think the glaive was made from a terminator kit standard, body salvaged from tank comander and head from chaos marine.

comments appreciated, suggestions welcomed.

:) hope you all like it

DrLove42
10-25-2012, 02:53 AM
Holy blurtasm batman!

Looks really good though. Good effort!

Lion'el
10-25-2012, 03:56 AM
much obliged.
thanks for the response :)

Meph
10-25-2012, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I really like the pose. Good job allround.

Lion'el
10-25-2012, 12:40 PM
thanks.
i'm very particular about my poses. in all my conversions. everything has to be somewhat realistic or relateable to an action.

i've continued to hand paint some insignia. he's been sitting in my case for long enough and seen enough battles nakedly to deserve some attention.
i want to go all out. anything else that might suit his jetpack?

Meph
10-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, if you don't want to overcrowd him with insignia, why not introduce some subtle pattern on his armour? Like some Art-Nouveau pattern along the edges using anything from silver to gold, or even an almost-black gunmetal?

Lion'el
10-28-2012, 01:37 PM
thats an excellent idea. thanks!

i have been doing a librarian and did something like that on his blue armour with some white mixed blue. looked fantastic, he is a similar conversion and another project to be later posted,
so heres another shot of progress31473148

YourSwordisMine
10-29-2012, 03:43 AM
Good to see I am not the only one using that head for his Chaplain.

Meph
10-29-2012, 04:15 AM
Gah! Blurry pictures make head explode!

Seems like a nice touch on the librarian. For the Chaplain, however, I'd go for a more subtle contrast.

Lion'el
10-31-2012, 10:37 PM
very sorry indeed for the blurred pictures :( the camera i have, is old. and ive tried just about everything with the camera to gt clear shots but its perilous. yes my chaplain does seem to be getting rather colourful, i might shade some colour out.