PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Venvierra
10-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Hey hey everyone :D
I've been reading stuff on this site for a while and I thought it was finally time I get myself signed up to the forums :D
I go by the name Venvierra mostly, more people call me that than by my real name lol. I'm an old fart of a goth lass from North East England :p
I've been playing 40k since I was 12 though I did stop for a few years. I have recently started collecting myself an army and I'm getting right back into it. I collect mainly the Blood Angels and I have started a Dark Angels army too. I will eventually get me a decent army, just need a lottery win lol.
I'm working on a few different painting projects at the min and I'll be getting photos online of them as soon as they are done :D

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi,
Another collector that requires a lottery win to fulfil there dreams of ALL THE STUFF! think you'll be in good company for that here :D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mahg8dJxxh1rx2tkjo1_500.gif

Venvierra
10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
hahahaha good :D

eldargal
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Welcome.:) Another female gamer, I'm starting to lose track of all of us.

alshrive
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Commiseration on joining us. Your life just lost a lot of free time :D

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Ah, Gateshead. :p
They have an awesome GW there to be fair.

Welcome to the board, if I can help with anything then let me know!

Wolfshade
10-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Hello and welcome.

Collectors are cool :)

I once worked out I needed something like 12k to complete by BA army :)

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 03:46 PM
And thirty years to paint it wasn't it at your current rate?

Wolfshade
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
that's more optimistic than I guess

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Was it longer than that then? I mean if you did a marine a day, it could be under three years, call it three years including support...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
I can do a rushed combat squad in a day.

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 03:59 PM
I used to be able to do a 10 man tac squad in a day, but it wasn't anything beyond table ready...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Table ready is hard for Dark Angels. :p

Fortunately all of my guys have mass detail.

Deadlift
10-23-2012, 04:02 PM
I used to be able to do a 10 man tac squad in a day, but it wasn't anything beyond table ready...

Army painter dips and coloured sprays can help anyone bang out an army, or an airbrush. Problem then is you can't keep up with the cost of the kits :(

Wolfshade
10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
No the projected time was actually quicker than my current rate

Deadlift
10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey hey everyone
I've been reading stuff on this site for a while and I thought it was finally time I get myself signed up to the forums :D
I go by the name Venvierra mostly, more people call me that than by my real name lol. I'm an old fart of a goth lass from North East England :p
I've been playing 40k since I was 12 though I did stop for a few years. I have recently started collecting myself an army and I'm getting right back into it. I collect mainly the Blood Angels and I have started a Dark Angels army too. I will eventually get me a decent army, just need a lottery win lol.
I'm working on a few different painting projects at the min and I'll be getting photos online of them as soon as they are done :D

Hi there, welcome to BoL :) look forward to seeing your projects.

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 04:05 PM
lol, I was a lot younger then, I don't think I'd be happy with them now, hence why they're in storage and not sat in my cabinet...

I really am going to have to get an airbrush, considering I've got plastic overflowing...it might let me catch up

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Welcome.:) Another female gamer, I'm starting to lose track of all of us.

always good to see more gamer chicks :D

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Commiseration on joining us. Your life just lost a lot of free time :D

lol I hope not too much, I still have a few things to paint at the min :P lmao

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Ah, Gateshead. :p
They have an awesome GW there to be fair.

Welcome to the board, if I can help with anything then let me know!

am usually in the one in the Metrocentre :D gonna be there on Friday putting in my finished work for a painting contest they are having

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Hello and welcome.

Collectors are cool :)

I once worked out I needed something like 12k to complete by BA army :)

I don't want to work out how much I need to complete my army, I might cry at the numbers or I might not be able to count that high :P

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Hi there, welcome to BoL :) look forward to seeing your projects.

I put up what I've got so far in my gallery, gonna be adding a new project this week :D hoping to be done that by tomorrow, it is taking a hellava lot of work

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 03:22 AM

bloody hell, it takes me a week at least to do that :O but I do like to go into insane detail XD

Psychosplodge
10-24-2012, 03:24 AM
bloody hell, it takes me a week at least to do that :O but I do like to go into insane detail XD

It was three colour minimum, painted base and significantly lower standards...

Venvierra
10-24-2012, 06:47 AM
It was three colour minimum, painted base and significantly lower standards...
I tried doing that but once I get started I have to finish them >.< am terrible for doing that