PDA

View Full Version : Help: Colours for Sons of Horus

docbungle
10-23-2012, 04:28 AM
As the title says I need some help figuring out what paints I need to create a Sons of Horus scheme.

Any help is welcome :)

Cheers

Deadlift
10-23-2012, 04:54 AM
Check this out :)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/downloads/product/pdf/h/Horus_Heresy_Painting_Guide.pdf

RealGenius
10-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Those FW painting guide models are terrible (oh, nevermind, they updated the pics, which now look ok).

I'm not too sure on their color choice either-- it looks to me that they are more a metallic green. I wanted to try Leadbelcher base with Waywatcher Green glaze or maybe one of the green shades.

ChacoStylez
10-23-2012, 09:24 AM
The latest White Dwarf has a nice painting guide for the traitor legions. You could try painting a test model and seeing which one you prefer.

Nemesis
10-23-2012, 12:56 PM
As I said in another thread---it says in the 2nd book in the series that Loken was sitting lapping his " new, metallic, Greenish hued armour". I'm thinking of using a transparent green paint over Mithral Silver. (I don't like the new silver).

magickbk
10-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Mixing the washes with boltgun and then chainmail and then mithril to work up highlights can give interesting results. Or... the current equivalent in the new paints.