PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costume Quandry.

Mr Mystery
10-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Well, bum hats. It's the big Halloween bash on Saturday (one of the social highlights of the year) and like a big girl, I just can't decide what to wear.

It's a straight choice between my deluxe Pinhead costume (cool as copulation, but wore it last year) and my lrp kit (heavy, warm but don't fancy taking the weapons, plus I wore it to the Discworld night)

Suggestions?

Deadlift
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
No idea what "irp" is but pinhead sounds cool :)

Last year I bought a Jason mask, wore a boilersuit and cut the sleeves short to just about shoulder level. Blacked up my eyes and scared the crap out of the neighbours teenage kids :)

Sean_OBrien
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
No idea what "irp" is but pinhead sounds cool :)

Think irp is actually LRP...

Live Role Playing.

ElectricPaladin
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Go with the LARP costume.

Oh, yeah, and POIDH.

Deadlift
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
Go with the LARP costume.

Oh, yeah, and POIDH.

Is having to google all these acronyms. :p

Wildeybeast
10-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Surely the best child scaring outfit right now is a shell suit and cigar?

Mr Mystery
10-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Well, found my other Cenobite finger glove (thumb and pinky female canines!) so I think I'll Pinhead it up.

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
get yourself a boiler suit, a toy chainsaw, and hockey mask...and fake blood....lots of fake blood...

Other year I turned all the lighting off and popped up in the dark all in black with a deep hood so you couldn't see anyface...
Last year I wore noise canceling headphones.

Up The Walls!
10-22-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm still trying to convince a friend to go as Felix Baumgartner's balloon.

Sean_OBrien
10-22-2012, 05:27 PM
get yourself a boiler suit, a toy chainsaw, and hockey mask...and fake blood....lots of fake blood...

Fake chainsaw? What is the fun in that?

Seriously though - just pop the chain off. Nothing better then the real thing. Mix the oil a bit high that way you have your own smoke effect when you hold it over your head and chase kids down the streets.

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 01:22 AM
That would possibly get you shot here...

Sean_OBrien
10-23-2012, 04:42 AM
That would possibly get you shot here...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 04:57 AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

Well there's a whole risk/reward ratio to take into account...

Sean_OBrien
10-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Well there's a whole risk/reward ratio to take into account...

Seeing an 8 year old pee himself is a pretty good reward...

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 07:04 AM
lol

Venvierra
10-23-2012, 07:05 AM

Fake chainsaw? What is the fun in that?

Seriously though - just pop the chain off. Nothing better then the real thing. Mix the oil a bit high that way you have your own smoke effect when you hold it over your head and chase kids down the streets.
I want to do that :O I wonder if it would go with a pirate wench costume....

ElectricPaladin
10-23-2012, 07:20 AM
I want to do that :O I wonder if it would go with a pirate wench costume....

Yes. Especially if you post a picture of how the costume works out. That sounds hilarious.

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
You can't wear a boiler suit under a wenches outfit, that'd be silly...

Venvierra
10-23-2012, 07:51 AM
I was thinking just the chainsaw, if I can get one lol. Probably just stick with scaring the kids with a bloody knife as usual hehe

Psychosplodge
10-23-2012, 08:14 AM
Toys r us do a toy black and decker one...or did

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mad5flL8ZV1ruhpz2o4_250.gif

Venvierra
10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
ooo I'll see if I can get to one before Halloween :D

Sean_OBrien
10-23-2012, 10:23 AM
I was thinking just the chainsaw, if I can get one lol. Probably just stick with scaring the kids with a bloody knife as usual hehe

25 years ago or so I did with a 40" bar chainsaw. Was still in my line backer shape (not so much out of shape right now - but I was much broader when I was still chasing down running backs) and that came up to just below my armpit when I stood it next to me (and I am just a pinch over 6').

Took an old catchers mitt which was starting to fall apart, cut it apart the rest of the way and then stitched it back together to make a mask from the old leather. Combine that with a pair of actual blood stained overalls (the ones I wore for butchering cattle and hogs) and it made for great fun scaring all sorts of people.

Because I had removed the chain from the saw - when it was idling it was pretty quiet...but when I would let loose with the throttle and hold it over my head the engine would wind out without a load on it that sounded a bit like someone slammed a cats tail in a door. With the extra bit of oil I added to the mix smoke would flow down over top of me. Was told it was exceptionally intimidating if I could get a street light or porch light behind me so that the smoke glowed blue.

Yep, 6', 225 lb, blood covered, chainsaw wielding, wild hair down past my shoulders, ill fitting-ill made mask of unknown leather...good fun.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I want to be Slenderman. :p

Uncle Nutsy
10-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I CAN be Slenderman. although I think it's too late now, too close to the date.

White Tiger88
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
25 years ago or so I did with a 40" bar chainsaw. Was still in my line backer shape (not so much out of shape right now - but I was much broader when I was still chasing down running backs) and that came up to just below my armpit when I stood it next to me (and I am just a pinch over 6').

Took an old catchers mitt which was starting to fall apart, cut it apart the rest of the way and then stitched it back together to make a mask from the old leather. Combine that with a pair of actual blood stained overalls (the ones I wore for butchering cattle and hogs) and it made for great fun scaring all sorts of people.

Because I had removed the chain from the saw - when it was idling it was pretty quiet...but when I would let loose with the throttle and hold it over my head the engine would wind out without a load on it that sounded a bit like someone slammed a cats tail in a door. With the extra bit of oil I added to the mix smoke would flow down over top of me. Was told it was exceptionally intimidating if I could get a street light or porch light behind me so that the smoke glowed blue.

Yep, 6', 225 lb, blood covered, chainsaw wielding, wild hair down past my shoulders, ill fitting-ill made mask of unknown leather...good fun.

This is why they have shotguns.... O.O

Wolfshade
10-24-2012, 02:04 AM
This is why they have shotguns.... O.O

Gattling shotguns...

Psychosplodge
10-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Gattling shotguns...

That fire dwarf hamsters...

Wolfshade
10-24-2012, 02:29 AM
That fire dwarf hamsters...

Carrying anvils of their fathers

Psychosplodge
10-24-2012, 02:34 AM
no literally...
http://armorcast.com/store/images/ACFX021HighExplosiveHamsterRounds.jpg

Wolfshade
10-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Oh my.
I suppose it is really just a real world version of the shokk attak gun

Psychosplodge
10-24-2012, 02:44 AM
In the real world sense of schoolgirls with grenade launchers? lol

Wolfshade
10-24-2012, 02:52 AM
Wasn't there a computer game that had a cheerleader fighting with automatic weaponry.

But in terms of real world that hamsters exist as does a means to propell them http://www.spudtech.com/

Psychosplodge
10-24-2012, 02:56 AM
Wasn't there a computer game that had a cheerleader fighting with automatic weaponry.

But in terms of real world that hamsters exist as does a means to propell them http://www.spudtech.com/

I thought she was a chainsaw wielding zombie layer