PDA

View Full Version : CSM The Black mace

Majeh
10-20-2012, 04:12 AM
K so i have a question about the black mace and its cursed abilitity i thought it would be covered in the FAq but wasnt. If the cursed ability causes a wound after the test does that mean the black mace cursed ability activates again because its a wound caused by the black mace? It sounds ridiculous but with such a small chance of it happening except to low toughness guys would this be ok?

Learn2Eel
10-20-2012, 04:24 AM
K so i have a question about the black mace and its cursed abilitity i thought it would be covered in the FAq but wasnt. If the cursed ability causes a wound after the test does that mean the black mace cursed ability activates again because its a wound caused by the black mace? It sounds ridiculous but with such a mall chance of it happening except to low toughness guys would this be ok?

I would say no, the way I read it is that wounds caused by failing the toughness tests do not count as being able to generate extra. I haven't got my codex on me but I am pretty sure it is resolved at the end of combat and only done once. In any case, my advice is don't try it against someone - they will complain incessantly.

Majeh
10-20-2012, 04:58 AM
Yeh i does seem like a bad moveand i wouldnt do it to an opponent but the interpretation is so loose. If they just added a line saying no more wounds could be caused by the black mace after this effect then it would clear it up for me.

Wildeybeast
10-20-2012, 05:09 AM
What??? If you fail the test, the model is removed as a casualty outright. There are no more wounds caused after it, thus no more tests are caused. I'm not sure what the issue is.

Learn2Eel
10-20-2012, 07:44 AM
What??? If you fail the test, the model is removed as a casualty outright. There are no more wounds caused after it, thus no more tests are caused. I'm not sure what the issue is.

I thought they were referring to the 3" bubble toughness test or take a wound thing, if not, my bad.

Wildeybeast
10-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Not sure, but the process is very simple.
Model with black mace makes attacks at usual initiative step. Any models who fail one or more saves but are not removed as casualties (e.g. multi-wound models) take a toughness test. If failed, they are removed as casualties outright (not take extra wounds, just removed outright). Then at the end of combat, if any unsaved wounds were caused by the black mace, every model within 3" that hasn't already suffered an unsaved wound from it, must take a toughness test. If failed, they take a wound. I don't see how there is any room for confusion with this rule.

DarkLink
10-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Actually, if they fail the toughness test it explicitly states they "take a wound, with no saves of any kind allowed". They do take a wound, and they are not "removed as casualties".

Edit: For the 3" at the end of the phase, that is. When the bearer is actually attacking, yes, it basically inflicts Instant Death that ignores Eternal Warrior.

Edit 2: And no, it wouldn't re-activate. The trigger for it activiating is if it "caused one or more wounds [in that phase]". If you caused one wound, then it activated and caused some more wounds, then you've 'caused one or more wounds", and you've already activated, so it doesn't reactivate.

Wildeybeast
10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Agreed.