PDA

View Full Version : Csm faq up!

daboarder
10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2710181a_Chaos_Space_Marines_v1.0a.pdf

Not comprehensive but some of the problems are fixed. now we just need a detailed errata on all the boon troubles.

gossipmeng
10-19-2012, 07:14 PM
The zombies was obvious, however the 5 points shaved off hellbrute is nice :)

Learn2Eel
10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm thinking they rushed this out to deal with the biggest issues, but we should get a bigger one within a month.
A few things I'm still looking out for, i.e. the wargear chart.

Also, considering they shaved 5 points off of the Helbrute, could this be an indication they will do something similar with other units to 'rebalance' them both for this codex and future codices? 5 points isn't much but it just seems odd that they would do that.

daboarder
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm thinking they rushed this out to deal with the biggest issues, but we should get a bigger one within a month.
A few things I'm still looking out for, i.e. the wargear chart.

Also, considering they shaved 5 points off of the Helbrute, could this be an indication they will do something similar with other units to 'rebalance' them both for this codex and future codices? 5 points isn't much but it just seems odd that they would do that.

eh that 5 points means I either have 10 points free or I can go from my reapers back to my plasma cannons....not sure which to choose, in 3 games I've been remarkably underwhelmed by the autocannon performance even when fire frenzy is in affect.

Uncle Nutsy
10-19-2012, 08:32 PM
that's gotta be the shortest faq i've seen.

as for the new value for the hellbrute, it might be an indication of tweaking overcosted units. Hard to say really, seeing as we don't have any precedent for it.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Impressed/pleased by the willingness to change pointvalues. If we're lucky, they may go back and points-tweak older codexes too.

Archon Charybdis
10-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Echo the sentiment on the points changes. That's very encouraging that they might be taking a more active hand in balancing units after initial publication.

Dalleron
10-19-2012, 10:10 PM
An errata already. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing? Good they fixed something already, bad that it made it through and needs fixing. Surely they can afford to have things proofread.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Just heard on B&C that other languages of the 'dex already had the Helbrute at 100pts - the FaQ is just bring the english 'dex down to the international consensus. A shame, was hoping it was a genuine balancing attempt.

tleilax
10-20-2012, 02:49 AM
Just heard on B&C that other languages of the 'dex already had the Helbrute at 100pts - the FaQ is just bring the english 'dex down to the international consensus. A shame, was hoping it was a genuine balancing attempt.

It's correct the French FAQ just out is completely different from the English one and the Helbrute was already 100pts

Learn2Eel
10-20-2012, 04:26 AM
The French FAQ changes multiple bullet points in regards to the Terminators options, it says something about gift of mutation costs on some champions and doesn't list the Helbrute. Otherwise, it is basically the same.