PDA

View Full Version : I'm Big, I'm Blue and I'm Baaack!

SotonShades
10-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Well, you will have to ask a certain few women about the first part...

Yes, as you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been posting a lot recently. Some of that comes down to having a job finally (even if it's only working for my dad... still fairly relevent experience) and some comes down to having honed and rehoned an army list for a tournament recently (which I subsequently came second to last in. Thankyou again, DrLove, for stealing away my woodenspoon!)

However it has also been due to another wave of depression crashing down on me. It has pushed me away from doing things I enjoy, even making my weekly gaming routine become a chore to struggle through. Trawling through the Lounge actually became quite a stressful activity for me for a while, thanks to so many of our wonderful community posting so often and me not being able to keep up with it, even only skim reading choice threads. Not that I'd want you all to post less, just by way of an explaination. Missing out on the comradary from here actually pushed me further down. I know I'm not the only person on here who suffers, so I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone for all the friendly help and advice we give each other. It may only be a kind word, but you never know what it could mean to someone. That is another reason I stopped posting; it was very hard to find anything positive to say in some cases and while constructive criticsm is good, I felt I would only be spewing poison. Maybe I should have joined Warseer or Dakka to get that out of my system, but I am not that guy and wouldn't want to let myself become like that. Not to mention the inevitable backlash would have crippled my all ready vulnerable emotional state.

Hopefully now I am on my way back up a bit, so I am going to try and post a bit more, particularly on my KoptaForce thread. Having got the tournament army out of the way I should be able to focus my creative energies a bit more, though I am still finding motivation a little difficult to come by at the moment.

Newho, off to Hobby and Project to show you all my latest creations, small as they are...

Shades

Wolfshade
10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Glad to have you back, anything we can do to help let us know :)

Wildeybeast
10-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Glad to hear you are on the mend, so to speak. Welcome back!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Welcome back Soton, if you need anything you know how to reach me.

Mr Mystery
10-19-2012, 01:37 PM
I was expecting new about The Tick.

I r disappoint.

Psychosplodge
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
Wondered where'd you'd got to.
Not much you can say to that, but it generally gets better, so people tell me anyway :D
No doubt TDA will round up more hugs for you...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-21-2012, 05:04 PM
LET ME SHOWER YOU IN LOVE!

Hugs for everyone!

Drunkencorgimaster
10-21-2012, 09:15 PM
If you ever get to Arkansas, I'll buy you a big plate of BBQ Ribs. They can cure any blues. They won't let B.B. King eat ribs before a show because it screws up his playing. He is too happy to sing the blues properly.

White Tiger88
10-22-2012, 01:37 AM
I was expecting new about The Tick.

I r disappoint.

I was thinking the samething.........

DrLove42
10-22-2012, 02:11 AM
If you ever get to Arkansas, I'll buy you a big plate of BBQ Ribs. They can cure any blues. They won't let B.B. King eat ribs before a show because it screws up his playing. He is too happy to sing the blues properly.

Ribs are the solution to all of lifes problems. The only reason there is still war and unhappyness is cos of Vegetarians

Psychosplodge
10-22-2012, 02:23 AM
I'll take steak over ribs any day, but I support the idea of vegetarians being detrimental to the functioning of civilised society.

Deadlift
10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome back mate, I have always appreciated your feedback in the hobby section and your wise(ish) words on all thinks 40k :p