PDA

View Full Version : [Apocalypse] Datasheet Question - Terminator Titan Hammer Squad

Lednera
10-08-2009, 12:26 AM
Ok the question is simple but technical, can a space wolves chapter use this data sheet since the datasheet says assault terminator squads with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields in Terminator Armor. Space Wolves do not have a unit that read specifically Assault Terminators but they do have Wolf Guard Terminators that can equip TH and SS. The question here is can a space wolves player use Wolf Guard Terminators as the equivalent with a terminator commander type unit in an apocalypse game. I do remind you the question is specific no relation to apocalypse you can do anything you want I am working in the relative frame of the datasheet that I am referring to.

Katie Drake
10-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Ok the question is simple but technical, can a space wolves chapter use this data sheet since the datasheet says assault terminator squads with Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields in Terminator Armor. Space Wolves do not have a unit that read specifically Assault Terminators but they do have Wolf Guard Terminators that can equip TH and SS. The question here is can a space wolves player use Wolf Guard Terminators as the equivalent with a terminator commander type unit in an apocalypse game. I do remind you the question is specific no relation to apocalypse you can do anything you want I am working in the relative frame of the datasheet that I am referring to.

I don't see any reason why the Wolves wouldn't be allowed to take a Titan Hammer formation. They just equip Wolf Guard Terminators with thunder hammers and storm shields, get a Wolf Lord with a vortex grenade and go nuts.

Denzark
10-08-2009, 05:18 AM
I don't believe so. The reason being that some formations, in particular Masters of the Chapter, specify you using chapter variants as equivalents to units in the formation. I see the Titan hammer as being points costed against the vanilla C:SM assault terminators not WG with acute sense, counter attack etc. For me it would be like trying to replace the Khorne daemons in some khorne specific formation with a mix of pantheons - not in the spirit of what the formation was trying to achieve. I wouldn't argue with WG modles counts as' with vanilla SM assault terminator rules but otherwise would smack a bit of having your cake and eating it.

Cryl
10-08-2009, 07:02 AM
That's both the answers you're likely to get. It's apocalypse, it's meant to be massive and involve loads of modles and fun, it's not meant to be ultra competitive; with that in mind I'd ask your opponent and see what they think... I personally wouldn't mind, TH/SS wolf guard are 66 points so you pay through the nose for counter attack and acute senses.

Gotthammer
10-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Given it's Apocalypse I don't see why not. It's really the same as using the old IG datasheets from before the codex upgrade.

DarkLink
10-08-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't believe so. The reason being that some formations, in particular Masters of the Chapter, specify you using chapter variants as equivalents to units in the formation. I see the Titan hammer as being points costed against the vanilla C:SM assault terminators not WG with acute sense, counter attack etc. For me it would be like trying to replace the Khorne daemons in some khorne specific formation with a mix of pantheons - not in the spirit of what the formation was trying to achieve. I wouldn't argue with WG modles counts as' with vanilla SM assault terminator rules but otherwise would smack a bit of having your cake and eating it.

Well, the Space Wolves effectively trade Combat Tactics for Acute Senses and Counter Assault, just like all those special characters do. Nothing to complain about there.

As for points values, Space Wolf Terminators with THSS are significantly more expensive (+18pts each) than vanilla Terminators. I don't know why you'd complain about them being unbalanced, when they are effectivley the same, but much, much more expensive.

I wouldn't have a problem with another player using this. Cause, ya know, it's Apocalypse. It isn't about the rules. Heck, you can make your own datasheets, for crying out loud.

Lerra
10-08-2009, 12:20 PM
You can mix codices in apocalypse. If an opponent gives you crap about it, you could always run them as counts-as vanilla marine terminators.

I can't see too many people complaining, though.

Xas
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
well there are two types of datasheets.

first type that is "costs: xyz+ modells" is totally cool if converted. you anyway pay for your respective modells and the datasheets cost are for the effects of the sheet.

second type that is "costs: xyz" is hard to convert because they costs of the mdoells are already included. luckily there are only a few (only one I can recall is skulltakers cohort). on the other hand they usually are very special so I'd rather suggest writing your own datasheet with those ones as a guideline.