PDA

View Full Version : Flying MC gliding and swooping.

Anakzar
10-18-2012, 07:26 AM
I tried searching and didn't find an answer. So here goes

Flying MC can start the game on the board but must be in glide mode. My question is do they have to spend the first turn gliding or can they declare swooping and then move in swoop mode for thier first move turn?

Wolfshade
10-18-2012, 07:38 AM
I think that they do not have to spend the first turn in glide mode, it is so that if you go second then your opponent knows that your MC is in glide mode when being shot at. When it comes to your movement phase, declare if glide or swoop and go from there.

Tepogue
10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
You get to decide during your movement phase which mode the FMC is in. The gliding during deployment only really applies if your opponent gets the first turn.

Tynskel
10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
yeah, it is so you aren't screwed by a 'AA' gun on turn 1. Put your monster in cover, and go!

Although, I recommend putting her/it/him in reserves, if possible.

SacredChao
10-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Aye, they are correct, when deployed at the beginning of the game, a FMC has to start on the ground, when your first turn comes up, he can start flying.

If the FMC is in reserves and comes out of it, he ALWAYS starts flying, regardless of how he's coming onto the board.

Tynskel
10-19-2012, 10:24 AM
hmmmm... are you sure? I don't have the book on me, but I am pretty sure you can choose to be gliding or swooping when you enter the board, just like flyers that have the option to 'hover' may choose to be zooming or hovering as they enter the board.

Anakzar
10-19-2012, 11:54 AM
If arriving from reserves you can choose to be either gliding or swooping. Not sure why you would want to be gliding though...

I often have bad luck on the reserve roll, which is why I was thinking about starting on board. It would be risky unless I had first turn but atleast the model would be in play.

jamesdean13
10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Lets be honest starting on the board or off depends on your opponents list and the terrain you have available.

If you can hide out of LOS from a gunline sure deploy.
Playing against C:Daemons sure deploy

LIst with alot of plasma in drop pods, reserve ^^