PDA

View Full Version : Deathmarks/Harbinger of Despair

PaD
10-17-2012, 05:08 AM
A quick question regarding Deathmarks and Crypteks (apologies if this has come up before, but I must have missed it)

The Deathmark’s “Hunters from Hyperspace” rule means they can wound a nominated target unit on a 2+

A Harbinger of Despair has a Strength 8, AP2, Assault 1, Template Weapon which uses the targets Leadership instead of Toughness when rolling to wound.

According to the latest Necron FAQ, members of the Royal Court that join a Squad of Deathmarks also benefit from the “Hunters from Hyperspace” rule. So does this mean the Harbinger of Despair will cause wounds with his weapon on a 2+ even though he doesn’t normally roll to wound against the targets toughness?

A 2+ to wound, AP2, Template Weapon seems a bit over the top for a 60 point character that can be taken multiple times in an army.

Thiazi
10-17-2012, 05:23 AM
yes

PaD
10-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Hmm... Yeah. Thought as much. I was hoping I had missed something somewhere.

Demonus
10-17-2012, 08:25 AM
to be fair, it will matter vs a maximum of 3 units in an army (unless you are 2k pts or more). it has the range of a flamer template and can usually be prepared for ie you watch where that unit is and spread models accordingly.
also the cryptek has no inv save, so precision fire is a nice way to eliminate him.

PaD
10-17-2012, 09:42 AM
It's difficult to watch where the unit will be when they are on a Night Scythe. They can come on from the board edge move 36', disembark and shoot - that's pretty much guaranteed a unit wiped out. But otherewise, yeah - only three of them. Good point about precision fire too - I keep forgetting to make use of that.

Demonus
10-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Yup if opponent has them in Night Scythes you can sometimes shield your troops with vehicles, remember that the fancy flamer does nothing to a Rhino, or if you have skyfire/interceptor, save that **** for their NS :)

i like the deathmarks, my problem is that Necrons have so much cool **** to play, I rarely play the same thing twice! Im hoping CSM is like that since they have been on my shelf for a bit.

PaD
10-17-2012, 03:17 PM
i like the deathmarks, my problem is that Necrons have so much cool **** to play, I rarely play the same thing twice!
Yeah - I agree. Makes me wonder why all some people do is spam flyers... :rolleyes: