PDA

View Full Version : Flyer transport Crash and Burn allocating Wounds

JMichael
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to double check I'm reading this right.
p81: Crash and Burn 'If the flyer is a transport any models within suffer Str 10 hit with no armor saves. -no specific mention of how to Allocate Wounds.
p80: Transports and damage. Explodes! States that Wounds are allocated as for Shooting except that the controlling player may allocate the Wounds.

So...Lets say a Stormraven suffers an Explodes! result while zooming with 5 passengers. The unit suffers 3 Str10 Wounds and can thus put them all on Draigo (thus using his 3++ and Eternal Warrior).
Is this correct? Is there something I'm missing?

Anakzar
10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
The way I read the crash and burn, is each model takes a str 10 hit with no armor save allowed, you don't allocate them. So basicly you will need to roll for each model and hope for a 1 or lose a wound, Saving with only Invulnerable saves... models with more than one wound will survive, those with one wound have a 1 in 6 chance of making it out alive, unless they have an invulnerable save.

Nabterayl
10-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Also remember that if no allocation method is specified, the default rule in 6e is random allocation, not owning player decides.

inquisitorsog
10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Also remember that if no allocation method is specified, the default rule in 6e is random allocation, not owning player decides.

But in this case, not needed. The Crash and Burn says "each model" gets hit, the Explode rule "the unit" gets hit once for each model. Why the switch in terms is there is beyond me, but the switch is clear. I would expect Explode would also treat it as each model, not the unit, but that's how they wrote so I shrug and go with it. I

Eberk
10-15-2012, 10:34 PM
models with more than one wound will survive
I may be mistaken but isn't there an 'instant death' rule that says that when a model is hit by a weapon with a strength of double (or more) of his Toughness it is killed immediately no matter how many wounds he has ?
So if your T4 character with 3 wounds crashes and suffers a S10 hit it can be killed outright. No ?

Nabterayl
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
The rule is if a model suffers an unsaved wound by hit of Strength double or more Toughness are killed regardless of Wounds. So yes, if a T4 W3 character suffers an S10 hit it can be killed outright, but it first has to be wounded, then fail any applicable save.

Eberk
10-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Indeed... Unsaved wound, I know. But S10 (= Wound on 2+, even for T8) and no armour saves allowed. Only hope is an invulnerable save.

I just wanted to point out that even characters will be killed outright if they suffer a wound during a crash of a flyer.

Anakzar
10-16-2012, 02:16 AM
The rule is if a model suffers an unsaved wound by hit of Strength double or more Toughness are killed regardless of Wounds. So yes, if a T4 W3 character suffers an S10 hit it can be killed outright, but it first has to be wounded, then fail any applicable save.

Ouch! your right... better stop flying around in those dangerous flyers! And stay on the ground where its safer ;)