PDA

View Full Version : Pskyer App updated with Chaos Powers

Flammenwerfer13
10-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Sweet! I was hoping GW would actually be smart and do this for those who wasted $12 for an over priced app. Looks like long term the relative price of the app will go down verse the amount of utility it provides goes up.

I'm still really surprised they actually updated the app to begin with AND you didn't have to pay for the new Chaos powers :)

I'm mean really really surprised as in just short of being surprised if we hear Matt Ward was fired and the Grey Knight, Necron, and Blood Angle codices were all getting a rapid redo by Phil Kelly to actually make balanced fluffy armies that weren't broken by stupidity surprise.

GW you get +3 internets :)!

wittdooley
10-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Sweet! I was hoping GW would actually be smart and do this for those who wasted $12 for an over priced app. Looks like long term the relative price of the app will go down verse the amount of utility it provides goes up.

I'm still really surprised they actually updated the app to begin with AND you didn't have to pay for the new Chaos powers :)

I'm mean really really surprised as in just short of being surprised if we hear Matt Ward was fired and the Grey Knight, Necron, and Blood Angle codices were all getting a rapid redo by Phil Kelly to actually make balanced fluffy armies that weren't broken by stupidity surprise.

GW you get +3 internets :)!

You had me until the mat ward comments. Those 3 codeces are probably the best balanced at this point.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I agree with Witt. I like Mat Ward.

*awaits internet hate*

ElectricPaladin
10-14-2012, 11:09 AM
I agree with Witt. I like Mat Ward.

*awaits internet hate*

I think the Internet hate is overstated, but I have to admit that the Ward codices do seem problematic. I play Blood Angels, and it really annoys me that Ward couldn't manage to write Descent of Angels as a viable tactic, even before 6th edition made the entirely reserved army impossible. Grey Knights are the codex that represented, what was it, 60% to 80% of the armies at several recent American tournaments? Necrons have brought us a lot of broken and overcomplicated rules.

Then again, on the other hand, Ward also wrote the Space Marines codex, and I've been having a lot of fun with that book, with an army that feels like it does what it's designed to do without being overpowered.

I don't want to totally threadnap. I'm glad they've released the new powers as a (free?) upgrade. That makes it a lot more likely that I'll buy the app eventually (especially now that I own an iphone...)

wittdooley
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM
I think the Internet hate is overstated, but I have to admit that the Ward codices do seem problematic. I play Blood Angels, and it really annoys me that Ward couldn't manage to write Descent of Angels as a viable tactic, even before 6th edition made the entirely reserved army impossible. Grey Knights are the codex that represented, what was it, 60% to 80% of the armies at several recent American tournaments? Necrons have brought us a lot of broken and overcomplicated rules.

Then again, on the other hand, Ward also wrote the Space Marines codex, and I've been having a lot of fun with that book, with an army that feels like it does what it's designed to do without being overpowered.

I don't want to totally threadnap. I'm glad they've released the new powers as a (free?) upgrade. That makes it a lot more likely that I'll buy the app eventually (especially now that I own an iphone...)

I think the GK issue is fair for 5E, but not 6E. It was clearly written more with 6 in mind then 5. The codex is considerably more balanced with 6E rules.

Necrons are only tough until all armies get more AA weapons. They're still very kill able.

Remember the GW folks write the rules for fun in mind, not asshattery and super spamming like you see on the "tournament circuit".

ElectricPaladin
10-14-2012, 11:25 AM
Remember the GW folks write the rules for fun in mind, not asshattery and super spamming like you see on the "tournament circuit".

I suppose that's fair. While I think the "we're a minis company, not a game company" defense is BS, the "this is a casual game, stop being spammy jerks!" is valid.

I do think 40k has some balance issues that get in the way of fun. No matter which of my armies I play - Tau, mechanized Space Marines, Blood Angels - I cannot seem to put a scratch in the Imperia Guard. It's really annoying. That said, I don't think Ward wrote the IG codex, so...

Deadlift
10-14-2012, 11:36 AM
The OP implied this update was free, anyone else downloaded it and tried using the chaos cards. £3.99 not free.

Or is it that my sarcasm radar is not engaged. I downloaded the codex just out of interest so won't be paying for these too. Who am I kidding, yeah I will.

wittdooley
10-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Must have been sarcasm b/c not free for me either. 6 USD still cheaper than the cards were.

ElectricPaladin
10-14-2012, 12:17 PM
If the update isn't free, I'm not wasting my time with the app.

wittdooley
10-14-2012, 12:27 PM
If the update isn't free, I'm not wasting my time with the app.

Again, the app and the chaos update are both cheaper than the cards themselves. Just sayin.

ElectricPaladin
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Again, the app and the chaos update are both cheaper than the cards themselves. Just sayin.

Meh. I've already got the mini rulebook and don't play Chaos. I don't need the cards, if they're gonna cost that much.

Mr Mystery
10-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I have the cards. Not only would I rather have and not need, but I'm a sucker for limited edition gubbins.