PDA

View Full Version : Scarab questions

Mrchilidog
10-13-2012, 09:07 PM
A couple of quick questions.

1) How many attacks does a scarab base get when it charges? 3+1 or 3+3? I am assuming they are 3+1, considering it is one base with multiple wounds.

2) When scarabs attack a vehicle, do they only inflict entropic strike (on a 4+) or do they roll for entropic strikes and then get their actual hits afterword?

Thanks
Chili

DarkLink
10-13-2012, 09:15 PM
1) It's a single model with multiple wounds. One base is one model. One bonus attack per model on the charge.

2) If it's answered, it's answered in the Necron FAQ on GW's website. I'm pretty sure they covered it there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they left it ambiguous.

Nabterayl
10-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Scarabs roll to inflict Entropic Strike, and then get their actual hits. See, e.g.:

Q: Do you roll to see if a hit with the Entropic Strike special rule reduces a vehicle’s armour before rolling for armour penetration? As all attacks at the same Initiative are simultaneous, does this mean that
other models with the same Initiative will also roll to penetrate against the reduced armour value? (p29)
A: Yes to both questions.

Mrchilidog
10-13-2012, 09:36 PM
I wasn't sure how to take the FAQ on that. It could be read in regards to other models in the combat and not necessarily the scarabs themselves.

Nabterayl
10-13-2012, 10:18 PM
The point is, if you have Entropic Strike, you roll for Entropic Strike and then roll for armor penetration, in that sequence. That's true no matter which Entropic Strike models we're talking about. For scarabs this is initially pointless, as at S3 they cannot damage any non-ES'd vehicle, but it can theoretically become important later.

Tynskel
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
harp it up! Necrons can be Slaaneshi, too!