PDA

View Full Version : Necrons

mstersmith
10-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Well I tried a Egyptian style and it just would not work for me so I went with this. I know it has been done and done well. I hope you all like it. Please CC. I purchased a second air brush as the I only had a syphun feed. Its great for the large areas but cant get the detail right. I purchased a Iwata top feed and wow the difference is amazing.

Sorry for the fuzzy photo

Kirsten
10-13-2012, 05:35 PM
technique looks good from what I can see, interesting colour choice, I haven't seen purple necrons before, I look forward to seeing more

mstersmith
10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Thank you! I really wanted to do bone crons but wow my skills were lacking there. Never thought painting bone on a large scale would be so difficult. I am having difficulty deciding on the rest of the troops though. I will upload the scarabs when I get them based. They are done in the same scheme. I really dont know what inspired the scheme I just saw an electric purple RC car and said well thats it I am running with this. I will take better pictures though.

Kirsten
10-13-2012, 06:13 PM
yeah it is funny how certain schemes suit certain models. I did some deathwing terminators once that turned out incredibly well, so I applied the same scheme to my necrons, and it just didn't work at all. I switched to pure white instead and it was better, but still not quite right. The lack of material types on the necrons can make them a real challenge, everything is armour or metal pretty much.

CouchViking
10-13-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm liking it, looks very "alien" and a great combo of colors. The blending of the blue to the purple is very clean, great work I can't wait to see more.

Houghten
10-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Wow, very disco.

mstersmith
10-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the great replys. No work done today was out playing some 40k! Will post some new pics later this week.

wittdooley
10-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Is that a kit bash in your first picture?

Dlatrex
10-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Is that a kit bash in your first picture?

Looks like a stock unfinished Barge. The guns will make it an Annihilation Barge if he goes that route.

That said, I really like this as a very different take on the Necrons! Please post some more when you get a chance.

jgebi
10-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Necron Lord to Necron Lord I love this and would be honored to fight with you any day

mstersmith
10-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Wow thank you all so much for the great response. Got some more work done last night and a bit tonight.

I need to finish the Lords command console. I didnt glue anything done so I can hot swap them. Here are my Scythes and death ray attachment.

Some things slowing me down. All of my warriors and Immortals are being stript for the second time. Not going well but getting some better scrubbing brushes, also my doomsday/ghost arks are in the soup too for a second time. One disapointment is the night scythe did not strip as well as I though and I failed to notice. If you look close in person you will see some very fine ridges. Nothing deal breaking but drives me nuts! Still to come, warriors, imortals, Arks and Wraiths!

Emerald Rose Widow
10-17-2012, 02:20 AM
I have the say, while this colour scheme weird me out a little, that Doom Scythe is beautiful. I love how in the spaces between armour plates you have the blue with the object source lighting, it is really beautiful.

VaUgHaNy86
10-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Very interesting colour scheme you've chosen, will look very, very different and spectacular on the gaming table, very nice

Dlatrex
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
If using citadel paints, what is the darkest color you have as a base coat for the hull?

ElectricPaladin
10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
I love the color scheme! It's incredibly striking, and a little bit sinister. Your necrons vs. my Blood Ravens - let's make it happen.

mstersmith
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM
If using citadel paints, what is the darkest color you have as a base coat for the hull?

The base coat was royal blue and the new color of Kantor Blue which is a base coat paint. I cut it with a 1/10 mixture of future bright and water. I also tried windex but it seemed to dry out much faster. Hope this helps. Oh the future bright also adds a protective layer to the paint when it hardens. I mixed the Kantor Blue in the cup until there was enough room in the bottle to thin it out.

mstersmith
10-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Scarabs and base ideas. May add some grass what say all of you grass patches or no?

ElectricPaladin
10-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Scarabs and base ideas. May add some grass what say all of you grass patches or no?

I vote nay on grass, unless you want to go grass everywhere. You've got to keep your bases consistent! Elements like - say - scattered bits of ruined terrain you can fudge because they're scattered. Not every terminator is going to be walking across a bit of broken tank tread sticking out of the ground. Grass, however, tends to spread out, so it should be either on every base or on none.

I also think that brightly colored green grass will clash with your color scheme. Go with burnt and blasted-looking brownish grass, if you go with any.

Emerald Rose Widow
10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I vote nay on grass, unless you want to go grass everywhere. You've got to keep your bases consistent! Elements like - say - scattered bits of ruined terrain you can fudge because they're scattered. Not every terminator is going to be walking across a bit of broken tank tread sticking out of the ground. Grass, however, tends to spread out, so it should be either on every base or on none.

I also think that brightly colored green grass will clash with your color scheme. Go with burnt and blasted-looking brownish grass, if you go with any.

I have to agree on all points here, grass is one of those its all or nothing kind of things. I will say that maybe the more wilted grass would work, still with a little green, but not much. There are a lot of good flocks and the like from woodland scenic that I know I am using for similar things.

mstersmith
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the insight. I believe you are correct my wife said the same thing. She has a good eye for this stuff but I always ask the community.

mstersmith
11-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Been awhile but here are some wraiths I have been working on should be 12 in total once I finish them.