PDA

View Full Version : Necron Nexus

Thehungryone
10-12-2012, 01:35 PM
So my one time match up in a 2v2 game turned into a campaign. Following my own rules of each game having an impact on the next (if desired, I can go into the full rules and what not) I have ran into a snag. The objective for the first mission was a recently activated Necron "nexus."

The snag I have run into is thus: what is it going to do? I have already settled that there must be 2 abilities- a lesser ability that that one faction can get from studying it, and a greater ability for having it carried with them on the field by the other. Beyond that, nothing.

I know this is kind of vague, but I don't want to get into the whole story/roles/fluff unless some one really wants it :)

I appreciate any input that might be had. Thanks!

--Thehungryone

Dlatrex
10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm not exactly sure I get what you're saying. You are planning to have an objective that can be used by both sides on a battle-field in an initial game, and then carried by as a piece of wargear in subsequent missions? Is it always going to be a field objective which can be contested?

VaUgHaNy86
10-17-2012, 06:20 AM
Well if you're looking for 2 rules, how about 1, it can be used to instantly teleport within 24" of the nexus in any direction on the board and if its carried around it can be used as a weapon like the necron tesseract labyrinth or the monolith exile portal where any enemy unit in base contact has to role a dice, if it's less than or equal to their remaining rules they are removed as a casualty with no saves allowed?