PDA

View Full Version : BolsCon UK 2013 Tale of Four Gamers- My List (Death Guard)

alshrive
10-10-2012, 04:55 AM
So anybody who has been paying any attention to anything i have posted recently will know that I am running a Tale of Four Gamers between myself and 5 other Bols Members in preparation from BolsCon next year (shameless plug time- check out the blog here (bolsconto4g.blogspot.com)). Anyway, i chose Chaos as my force and have been procrastinating awaiting a Codex and now we have one. So i present to you my list and some of the reason behind it. I would hugely appreciate any feedback anybody has (anybody played with or against chaos yet?!)

Typhus 230
Ok, basically i have chosen Typhus because he is awesome! I love the model and his rules fit the character of the force i wanted to achieve perfectly!

Sorcerer 135
- Mastery Level 2
- Mark of Nurgle
- Spell Familiar
- Aura of Dark Majesty
- Veterans of the Long War
I have included a second sorcerer- i know this is a lot of Points sunk into HQ but i have cut him back- he originally had a Palanquin! i am think about running him with 1 Nurgle and 1 Biomancy power to complement Typhus 2 Nurgle Powers.

7 Plague Marines 228
- 2 Plasmaguns
- Champion; Powerfist & Meltabombs
Designed as a Heavy Infantry Killer unit, with meltabombs just in case i encounter too many tanks

7 Plague Marines 193
- 2 Meltaguns
- Champion; Meltabombs
another squad of plague marines, this time with melta for added punch

7 Plague Marines 193
- 2 Meltaguns
- Champion; Meltabombs
see above

14 Cultists 85
- Autogun
- Heavy Stubber
i wanted to include some none zombie cultists to hold objectives- toyed with Mark of Nurgle but it just makes them soo expensive. 14 because it is 2 x 7- nurgles number.

28 Cultists 132
- Plague Zombies
took Typhus, really had to include some. debating splitting them in to 2 units of 14 to force opponent to split fire. If i take one more i will be exactly on the points at 1750 but would rather be 4 points under and have the Plague Zombies as a multiple of Nurgles Number

5 Warp Talons 180
- Mark of Nurgle
The one unit that rather annoyingly i can't make in to Nurgles Number without dropping wargear etc elsewhere. taken because they are cool and potentially devastating against lower I armies

Heldrake 170
- Baleflamer
Needed some anti-air which will be provided by Vector Strike. Baleflamer because i imagine it vomiting toxins over the enemy as opposed to spitting lead

Forgefiend 200
- 2 Hades Autocannon
- Additional Ectoplasma Cannon
needed a big monster and this should provide enough support for the infantry. Mass shots to mow through infantry and light vehicles, took the Additional Cannon just to provide a bit more ooopm!

Right guys there it is, my army, any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated (i wouldn't want all this effort to be a waste of time!)

ALShrive

Wolfshade
10-10-2012, 05:05 AM
My concern with my orks is AA fire as well.
Alshrive empty your inbox it's full!

alshrive
10-10-2012, 05:12 AM
i have empited it now, you may reply! I don't want to be another person who just takes a defence line and quad gun! i am hoping that 8 shots from the Forgefiend and the Vector Striking Heldrake will be enough!

Wolfshade
10-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Yeah, I haven't really considered how I could deal with them at the moment, mioght need to think about that.

DrLove42
10-10-2012, 05:35 AM
I have a defence line.....but i'm going to build a nice chaosifyed version with the aquilas grafitied off, and chaosy stuff on it.

It looks like a fun list! Look forward to playing it

alshrive
10-10-2012, 05:38 AM
seeing as i have two members of the competition talking on here i should tell you something. Once you have a list, put it onto your page (I have redone my page to include mine) so it is always easy to find and we can start looking at each others!

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-10-2012, 11:37 AM
You've all seen my list! :p