PDA

View Full Version : 1750 new chaos - Night Lords..... ish. not 100% done, need input

Steve Holt
10-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Alright SO... Seems my old account has vanished off the face of the internet, hence the one post....

Chaos lord - Zso Sahaal - 150

-Jump pack
-2x lightning claws
-veteran of the long war
-Sigil (4+ inv)
-Mark of khorne

10 Marines - 252

-CCW's
-Plasma gun x2
-Power weapon on aspiring champ
-Rhino with Havoc launcher

10 Marines - 252

-CCW's
-Plasma gun x2

10 Marines - 252

-CCW's
-Melta gun x2

10 Raptors - 260

-Mark of khorne
-Icon of Wrath
-melta gun x2
-Power fist on aspiring champ

6 warp talons (plus lord) - 214

-Mark of khorne

Heldrake - 170

-Balefire flamer

Maulerfiend - 125

-Magma cutters

I'm currently 75 points under, and pretty happy with it so far. Everything can move 12, including the mauler. I have lots of boots to hold down objectives. The warp talons actually don't come with grenades, so having the lord in there fixes that weakness. And with MoK they get 4 attacks each on the charge... BRUTAL!

The maulerfiend is one of my core anti-armor pieces. He can easily chase down any vehicle with a 12" move, move through cover, and fleet. And with TWO magma cutters and 4 str 10 monstrous creature attacks he'll pull vehicles apart. If for whatever reason it didn't move and is sitting there with WS0.... that's 4 str 10 attacks and 4 magma cutter hits. Even a land raider won't survive that.

Army goes fast, has tools. What else to I put in for those 75 points? Should I take out the maulerfiend for another Heldrake with the hades autocannon for some solid air control?

or should I drop the maulerfiend and go for 2 vindicators?

DWest
10-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Only thing I can see is, you have a spare 10 points as 1 of your CSM squads is listed as 2x Meltagun but priced the same as 2x Plasma Gun.

I personally like the Maulerfiend, and I wouldn't drop it for a 2nd Heldrake. If anything, swap for the Forgefiend w/ 3x Ecto-plasma (exactly 75 points more) to bomb lots of medium armor and 2+ guys.

How about the Axe of Blind Fury on your Lord? In case you have to see off a bunch of Termies or similar. Possibly Melta Bombs for Lord or some of the jump-pack Champs to win the Dreadnought fight.

Steve Holt
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Melta bombs: Good idea. I'll work with that. And yeah I originally had 2 squads of plasma but changed that up, just in case I need more armor punchy.

I might switch up the lords wargear, but I wanted to theme the army around night lords and Zso Sahaal, Who has a pair of lightning claws he cherishes. If I just go for a generic lord then yeah.... that or the murder sword. Because it has the murder rule. That's awesome.

And the forgefiend makes no sense because I'd lose my can opener for something that's more efficient at taking out troops.