PDA

View Full Version : 1750Pts Eldar / Dark Eldar Allies

Shemyaza
10-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi guys.

Not new to 40k, but new to Eldar as previously just played with SW. This is the list I am currently proxying as I want to be sure before I invest in more mini's. Looking to keep it an all commers competative list so all advice is welcome.

Should also state that our gaming group discussed the legality of the DE Archon joining a Fortuned Eldar Harlequin Unit and came to the decision that it was ok as long as it was Archon joining an Eldar unit and not a Farseer joining a DE Harlequin unit. Dont know about general legality of using IA models in tournements but we have no issue with it in our group either.

Farseer:
Doom, Fortune, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnesing, Spirit Stones and Warlord.
155pts

Harlequin Troupe:
6 Harlequins; 6 Kiss's 2 Fusion Pistols
1 Shadow Seer;
1 Troupe Master; Kiss
238pts

10 Pathfinders
240pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes
66pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes
66pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes
66pts

Nightwqing Interceptor
145pts

War Walker Squadron
2 Walkers; 4 Scatter Laser
120pts

War Walker Squadron
120pts

ALLIES

Archon:
Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field
145pts

10 Wyches; Razorflails x1, Hydra Gauntlets x1, Haywire Grenades
Raider; Dark Lance, Night Shield, Flicker Field
220pts

Razorwing Jet Fighter; Flicker Field, Night Shield
165pts

Total 1746pts

Thanks in advance for your help

Xarplo
10-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Looks good, but I would upgrade the Troupe Master's Kiss to a Power Axe, it's free and makes him more killy. I also personally always find points for Eldrad. He is so worth it, especially as he is able to cast three powers, and one of those can be a duplicate. A Huskblade for your Archon may also be a worthwhile investment, as it makes him extremely scary in challenges.

The Harliestar is definitely a fun list to play (it's my tournament army currently), but can get really frustrating for your opponents. Just be careful not to incur the hatred for your army that I have, which I why I only pull it out for tournaments and to fight people who challenge me specifically to fight it.

Shemyaza
10-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback Xarplo. Have swapped the Kiss for a Power Axe and also used the last 4 points to give a kiss to the Shadowseer. I will look up the Huskblade I assume to replace the Agoniser ? My other armies are a 1500pts DraigoWing which see's alot of hate and a SW army that encounters slightly less hate than the Draigowing, lol. I really like the look of this army and so far have found it only suffers badly vs IG and Tau. But that may be down to my lack of experience with it yet.

Shemyaza
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
List now looks like this:

Eldrad Ulthran
210pts

Harlequin Troupe:
5 Harlequins; 5 Kiss's 1 Fusion Pistols
1 Death Jester
1 Shadow Seer; Kiss
1 Troupe Master; Power Sword
238pts

10 Pathfinders
240pts

3 Guardian Jetbikes: 1 Shuriken Cannon
76pts

76pts

76pts

Nightwqing Interceptor
145pts

Wasp Assault Walker Squadron
120pts

ALLIES

Archon:
Huskblade, Combat Drugs, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Shadow Field
160pts

10 Wyches; Razorflails x1, Hydra Gauntlets x1, Haywire Grenades
Raider; Dark Lance, Night Shield, Flicker Field
220pts

Razorwing Jet Fighter; Flicker Field, Night Shield
165pts

Total 1746pts

Eldrad is in for the Farseer, I have added the Shuriken Cannons to the Jet Bike Squadrons, and added a Death Jester instead of a 2nd Fusion Pistol. That a bit better ?

Xarplo
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Good changes, except for the Death Jester. I don't run one because he rarely ever shoots because my Harliestar is almost always running. I'd drop him for another Harlie with Kiss. You might also consider dropping the Flickerfield on your Raider (Maybe give your Archon a Soul Trap) because as long as you move the Raider, it gets a 5+ cover save from the Jink special rule. Just a thought.

darkeldardenny
10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I can't comment on the eldar portions too much but the Dark Eldar stuff I can. The husk blade archon needs a soul trap or just run the agonized. Pass a ld test and your strength 6 after killing one IC. Yes please. not a huge fan of wyches. 10 warriors in a raider with a splinter cannon and a blaster and splinter racks. Maybe drop the cannon or blaster to use the racks more but that squad is a staple in my army. Fast effective, scoring unit with retooling poisoned attacks.

Shemyaza
10-12-2012, 09:00 AM
I gave the archon the soul trap, thanks :) I also dropped the death Jester for a 2nd fusion pistol which proved worthwhile !. On the day i broke the squad of Wyches down into 2 5 man squads and mounted them in Venom's instead. They got toasted by Tau firepower before I could do much with them, but so much of my army was in reserve that they absorbed more hits then i think they should have survived anyway, lol.

Tbh i may be tempted to switch the wyches for warriors and keep the lancing raider. Army needed more anti-tank than it had as all my anti-tank comes in from reserve (flyers).