PDA

View Full Version : Jet Bike Review

Loken
10-08-2012, 07:31 PM
http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/10/jet-bikes-survey-and-forge-worlds-epic.html

I did a survey of jet bikes and would love y'all's feedback. Any information on other jetbike models would be welcome.

Alec

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I'd thought that you meant you got the model at Gamesday, and were actually reviewing it. :/ Personally, I like the new design, although I get it isn't for everyone.

If it's any consolation, they make a point of calling it "Scimitar pattern". That probably means other patterns are in the pipeline, or GWS has the smaller plastic jetbikes in mind (Dark Angels?), thus forbidding FW from producing models too similar.

wittdooley
10-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Came for actual review. Left disappointed.

Loken
10-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry if the survey disappointed you.
:-)

spaceman91
10-09-2012, 02:31 AM
i like the FW bike, it might just be my strange tastes but i think its funky. On a side note the other bike you have shown are quite cool looking as well.. I think this is a marmite model.

miteyheroes
10-09-2012, 04:08 AM
It's nice to see a bunch of the models side-by-side. I disagree with many of your value judgements though.

DrLove42
10-09-2012, 04:26 AM
"Total Amateur hour".

I'd like to see your sculpts before you piss on everyone elses efforts.

I like the FW bike. If you look at the heresy artbook, it fits very well, much better than any of the others

wittdooley
10-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Sorry if the survey disappointed you.
:-)

Its actually nice to have them side by side, but I was hoping you had actually been hands on with them. Aesthetic preference is only part of a good review. You hate the Kromlech one. I like it. You like the Blood & Skulls one. I think the back end is way too large. We can all like different things.

The Value of an actual review would be stating resin quality, how easy it went together, crispness of detail, how well the riders fit, etc.

Thanks for gatherin all the images together, though!

Psychosplodge
10-09-2012, 07:37 AM
IDK the Kromlich one looks a lot better than the CHS one, which looks like a modified spacemarine bike...

I quite like the FW one, it's got the big engine block feel to it, but I don't think it fits in with the idea of the heresy being the "high technology era" of the imperium.