PDA

View Full Version : 40k Setting Material Volley

ElectricPaladin
10-08-2012, 01:13 PM
"Volleys" are something my wife and I do with our favorite RPG settings. The idea is that one person invents something, and then the next person invents something that is in some way related to the first thing, and then the next person invents something related to that thing, and so on until we lose interest. Then, we start again.

It's a slow day at work for me - let's have a 40k setting volley. The only rule is that whatever you invent, it has to be somehow related to the post above it. So, if one person introduces a Marines chapter, the next person should introduce a successor chapter, or a battle at which they fought, or a particularly interesting character from that chapter.

I'm curious how long we can keep this going.

Anyway, I'll go first:

Astartes Chapter: The Sons of Armageddon

The Sons of Armageddon are successors to the Marines Malevolent. The Marines Malevolent were rewarded with a successor chapter after their loyal service in the Third War for Armageddon. In many ways, the Sons of Armageddon are a codex-compliant chapter, though they show a slight preference for heavy weapons that cause a great deal of damage. As a result, their chapter has more devastator squads and tanks than most others. The most distinct quality of the Sons of Armageddon is the unusual organization of their homeworld, Anros IV.

One of the central tenants of the Sons of Armageddon is that human beings are dangerously flawed and imperfect. They blame all of the Imperium's troubles - up to and including the Horus Heresy itself - on the small minds and weak bodies of mankind. Despite this, the Sons of Armageddon still view it as their responsibility to protect mankind, but they do so because the Imperium's enemies are their enemies, not because the Imperium's humans are their allies.

Although the Sons of Armageddon tolerate the weakness of the humans they fight to protect, they see no need to accept this weakness in themselves, or their own homeworld. Every family on their homeworld must contribute a certain number of successful neophtyes every century. Those who fall short in their tithe are culled. The goal of the Sons of Armageddon is to create a strain of humans who are all capable of being transformed into Astartes, or at least bearing Astartes children. The Sons of Armageddon also look for ways to eliminate their dependence on humanis. If they ever develop a way to grow cloned neophytes, free of any human taint, they certainly will; then they will either abandon their homeworld or raze it.

Sons of Armageddon power armor is gold with black trim. Their chapter badge is a blue and green terrestrial globe pierced by a sword.

Your turn!