PDA

View Full Version : Damn you River Cottage!

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Gah! I shouldn't watch that programme. It makes me want to run away from life and live off the land!

Sadly, not going to happen until I win the lottery. Then I'd buy me a small holding, found my own Brewery, make my own Smokery, and basically live a rural, self sustaining life.

DarkLink
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Take up backpacking. Get a lightweight pack, a quality sleeping bag, pad, ground cloth, lightweight tent/tarp shelter, etc, and just go hike around for fun.

Deadlift
10-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Gah! I shouldn't watch that programme. It makes me want to run away from life and live off the land!

Sadly, not going to happen until I win the lottery. Then I'd buy me a small holding, found my own Brewery, make my own Smokery, and basically live a rural, self sustaining life.

Yeah I love me some Hugh double-barrelled what's his name. Ever since I picked up his book "Meat".
His restaurant in Dorset isn't too far away from me in Devon and I really should go. At the other end of the spectrum I do really like Heston Blumenthal and his alchemists approach to cooking.

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 02:30 PM
I admire Blumenthal's technique and ability, but I don't like him much. He just kind of irritates me.

Psychosplodge
10-07-2012, 04:12 PM
You ever see that grand designs where a bloke was living in his wood loft while he made this unique wooden house in his forest? I think he was a charcoal producer or something, but your post of wanting flee to a subsistence lifestyle instantly brought it to mind. its normally repeated fairly often on more4, except noe that i've mentioned it, it won't be :D