PDA

View Full Version : Raptors. Best Chaos kit for a while?

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Adjective to your Uncle and pronoun to your Granny!

Dunno if anyone else has this kit, but I think it's a fair bet you will. But, although I am yet to build one, I've been pouring over this kit just looking at the bitz it contains

I'm building mine as Raptors, as I want a representation of my pre-heresy assault troops as a side project, but armed as saucily as the book allows!

This of course leaves all the Warp Talon bitz. Bitz which I think can be used to make more Chosen. Lightning claws, special weapons, power sword, power fist, chain swords, ancient looking bolt pistols, all ideal for replicating the spangly look of the Dark Vengeance models.

But where best to source the torso and legs???

Learn2Eel
10-07-2012, 03:32 AM
They are some of the best models I've ever seen the company put out in general. Very big kudos to whoever had the idea for a plastic kit.

eldargal
10-07-2012, 04:06 AM
I really liked the Raptor kit. I also may be the only person who actually likes the mutilators too.

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Those are growing on me. I think they're another victim of the paint job.

Make that flesh red, raw and flensed and I reckon they'd look much better.

Kirsten
10-07-2012, 04:36 AM
berserkers for torsos and legs, they all look heresy era.

it does look like a fantastic box, I will have to pick some up at some point, very impressive.

fuzzbuket
10-07-2012, 07:55 AM
its a chaos kit that isnt cartoony, fits the brutal aethetic, is similar to the marine equivalnt bur dosnt copy it AND IS NOT WEARING FECKING MK8 ARMOUR, CHAOS MARIENS SHOULDNT HAVE MK 8

PowerFistPimpSlap
10-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree man the raptor kit is fantastic. And the mutilators look MUCH better without that god awful paint scheme. The models are beautiful.

daboarder
10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
I really liked the Raptor kit. I also may be the only person who actually likes the mutilators too.

I think the mutilators are good, if you take into account that they are based on the current Obliterators.

Then again I was never much a fan of the obliterator models hence my own versions. Interestingly enough however I was lamenting the fact that chaos did not have a "lonewolf" style unit, and then along came the mutilators. I will be bashing up a pair of them to act as a retinue for my terminator lord/sorc in smaller games where I cannot justify the points for a full terminator squad.

Emerald Rose Widow
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I really like the new raptor kit, the armour on it has so many details, its just stunning. While I like the jump packs on them, I still prefer the old packs though personally. If I were to make raptors, I would make my own jump packs with my own casting to mix the two kits. Would be interesting to see how that goes.

wittdooley
10-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Love the kit, I think. I got two of the sprues that have the CC weapons. I have no arms to attach bolt pistols. Will be sending an email this evening, I think.