PDA

View Full Version : CSM Daemon Prince question

remketh
10-07-2012, 02:47 AM
Here is a question for you knowledgeable folks.
A Daemon Prince(DP) attack count as AP2 from the smash rule,
if using a weapon that is AP4 do they still count as ap AP2?

If so you could give the DP The black mace, for 45 points and make entire units explode. (the item is AP4 and has fleshbane, causes all enemy models within 3 inches of the bearer to take a toughness or take a wound with no saves allowed if it kills someone).

Learn2Eel
10-07-2012, 03:51 AM
A model with Smash always counts their close combat attacks as AP2 unless it would otherwise be treated as AP1 - this implies that any close combat weapon they have counts as AP2 unless it is AP1.
So yes, a Daemon Prince with a Black Mace counts its attacks as AP2. And yes again, it is a brutal combination.

To give you an idea how brutal that is, someone with a Nurgle Daemon Prince with the Black Mace, Wings and Power Armour killed both Draigo and a Dreadknight in the same game before either of them got to strike back. Insane.

remketh
10-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks, i think its time to try him out smashing some stuff

Tynskel
10-07-2012, 09:22 AM
that sounds a little bit lucky.

Archon
10-07-2012, 03:31 PM
But was it a black mace or a black sword;)

DP "must" buy a god specification - what rides the mind of the designers ? No undivided DPs and you have to spent extra points for an already expansive DP with a toughness of a biker (comparing with a biker, the biker has the chance to go on toughness 6 and therfore is immung to instakill coused by strenght ten alone) and no eterneal warrior ability. Poor DP.

Nabterayl
10-07-2012, 05:55 PM
DP "must" buy a god specification - what rides the mind of the designers ? No undivided DPs
Well, to be fair, I don't think undivided DPs make much sense. All four Chaos gods, working together, elevate a man to daemonhood, vastly elevating his power in return for making him beholden to none of them? I don't really see that happening.

dreadnoughtguy
10-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Iron warriors war smith from the storm of iron book anyone?

Learn2Eel
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
that sounds a little bit lucky.

With Draigo, yes, but not the Dreadknight. Assuming he didn't roll 1s, he had 8 attacks minimum hitting on 3s with re-rolls, wounding on 2s and AP2. Not surprising he killed the Dreadknight, I assume he rolled a 6 for his daemon weapon against Draigo - who failed one more save then he should have.