PDA

View Full Version : Cypher spotted!

Loken
10-06-2012, 04:09 PM
via Apocalypse 40K (http://apocalypse40k.blogspot.com/2012/10/new-cypher-spotted.html)

Cypher is coming!

Mr Mystery
10-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Nope. Not buying it.

Quite easily knocked up. Stats are also ludicrously (read higher than Primarchs) high.

I'm filing this under S for shenanigans.

White Tiger88
10-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Nope. Not buying it.

Quite easily knocked up. Stats are also ludicrously (read higher than Primarchs) high.

I agree why wouldn't give give him Ap2....its Cypher, he plays tag with a whole marine chapter!

Mr Mystery
10-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Could be a store specific thing..... But the two month bit? Why bother? GW have moved away from opponents permission in their books, including Forgeworld. So why add it to an article? It only limits sales, and that's not a good plan.

Kirsten
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
it could be something locally produced for a specific event, and not an official release at all. not saying I buy it or anything, just saying it might be explainable.

I don't think it is a new model for sale Mystery, I think it is just a one off rules sheet, if Spain is running a two month campaign, you can use those rules for the duration of the campaign to add Cypher to your force. It could be Dark Angels vs Chaos as a plot, and any none dark angels army may take Cypher for example.

Loken
10-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Post updated with new info from person who supplied info.

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I would like a new Cypher model, he's cool!

Gir
10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Nope. Not buying it.

His stats arn't even close to a Primarchs. Hell, his key stats (S, T & W) are lower then Mephistons.

White Tiger88
10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
His stats arn't even close to a Primarchs. Hell, his key stats (S, T & W) are lower then Mephistons.

You seem to forget Mephiston is a total bad ***, He punchs marines to death!

Archon Charybdis
10-06-2012, 08:20 PM
You seem to forget Mephiston is a total bad ***, He punchs marines to death!

And he's still not as tough as a primarch (though he's up there), and Cypher is weaker still. The original claim was Cypher was tougher than a primarch, which is just patently false.

Also, for those who don't speak Spanish, his wargear is Artificer Armor, (Precision?) Bolt Pistol, (Precision?) Plasma Pistol, frag and krak, and C'tan Phase Blade. His special rules are Independent Character, Deep Strike (? [Maybe Scouts? Translates as Rapid Deployment]), Eternal Warrior, Hit & Run, and Fleet. The Phase Blade is AP3 Instant Death.

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 03:13 AM
WS, BS, I and Ld all above various Primarch Levels...

magickbk
10-07-2012, 07:20 AM
(Precision?) Bolt Pistol, (Precision?) Plasma Pistol

I believe that is Cypher's Master Crafted pistols.

The page certainly looks legit enough to be used by GW in a limited capacity, and a campaign in which Cypher is heavily involved would be a good way to link interest in the new Chaos Codex into interest in the new Dark Angels Codex. Ridiculous stats or abilities are nothing new for Cypher. His invulnerable save used to be insane back in 3rd edition. His last wound was something like 4+ rolled on 3D6. I'm too lazy to go downstairs and get the Codex and look.

In fact, the thing that makes me most suspicious about it is the time frame given. One would assume they would get in a lot of trouble for leaking the target release window for C:DA. If this was only for a campaign, it would say something like: "The rules for Cypher are only valid for the duration of the Dark Vengeance Campaign, and may not be used in non-campaign games."

Gir
10-07-2012, 03:26 PM

WS, BS & I are lower than Lelith (And assassins I blieve), Those stats make little differnece compared to the core S, T & W.

I'm also pretty sure the leadership values are the same.

Mr Mystery
10-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Just checked my Heresy book, and Ld is indeed equal.

But the rest of the stats are daft.

Deadlift
10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
According to this article

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-truth-behind-cypher-leak-revealed.html#more

This Cypher stat sheet was going to accompany a model in the Dark Vengence ltd ed. GW pulled the idea and went with the chaplain instead.

Demonus
10-07-2012, 06:17 PM
a much worse idea. good job GW!

Archon Charybdis
10-07-2012, 09:06 PM

I've only seen a couple stat lines for the Primarchs, but comapred to Fulgrim his WS and I are lower (though his BS is higher[which is also largely meaningless because his pistols are mastercrafted]). It puts him about on par with an Archon (who can actually take an invuln save). He actually seems like he's supposed to be like the DA equivalent of Sanquinor. As GIR pointed out though, ultimately I don't think WS, BS, and I are nearly as important as the S,T, W, additional special rules the Primarchs get, and complete lack of invuln save.

Yayula
10-08-2012, 10:27 AM
At the bottom of the page it says that that model can only be used in Spain, and that only for 2 months after the publication of the sheet (september 2012), also that if you want to use it on a GW event you should ask permission to the GW staff. so yup it's just a home made character

Fran Mendoza
10-08-2012, 10:33 AM
Just to help with translation:
Equipment: Artisan armor, mastercrafted bolt pistol, mastercrafted plasma pistol, frag and krak grenades, c'tan phase knife
Special Rules: Independent character, deep strike, eternal warrior, hit and run, fleet

Hope it helps.

BrotherDibbz01
10-08-2012, 12:18 PM
If anyone wants a full translated sheet, of what it all says. Please PM me. I spent 2 hours last night translating the entire thing for house rules play for a friend of mine. Will share!!

Raevyn Fletcher
10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I wonder if Cypher will be in the Dark Angels codex or be a WD update as an allies listing?

badlybuilt
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I would like a new Cypher model, he's cool!

I stumbled on this.... not sure if it is relavent
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490793&prodId=prod1130401

I found him amongst the C;SM HQ section

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
He's a bit of a dirty traitor. :p

VaUgHaNy86
10-09-2012, 01:59 AM
I stumbled on this.... not sure if it is relavent
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1490793&prodId=prod1130401

I found him amongst the C;SM HQ section

That's the old Cypher model, hoping he'll get a bit of an update as (correct me if I'm wrong) he hasn't had rules since the 3rd edition Chaos Marine 'dex?

Skipphag da Devoura
10-09-2012, 06:18 AM
It wasn't the CSM dex... It was White Dwarf

Psyberwolfe
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM
It wasn't the CSM dex... It was White Dwarf

Nope. He was first in the C:CSM and then re-released in WD.

cuda1179
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
When the white Dwarf rules for him appeared it was with the 3.5 Chaos Codex. He allowed a squad of Chaos Mrines to be taken allong with him. I decided to use him in a turnament (allied to my Imperial Guard). I know I got several complaints, as I took the mark of Tzeench on my Chaos marines, then I spent the extra points to turn them into Rubric Terminators. No one expected Imperial Guard to show up with 18 deepstriking terminators.

apahllo
10-14-2012, 05:03 PM
He's a bit of a dirty traitor. :p

The Lion was the one who had forsaken caliban... :rolleyes: