PDA

View Full Version : Top power weapon?

Mr Mystery
10-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Afternoon!

So we've all got a decent bit of experience of 6th, and as I build my Cataphractii, I do wonder whether people are seeing variation in the kinds of power weapon out there.

And as a side, how much has this changed your games?

plasticaddict
10-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I see a lot of Axes and Mauls. The Strength buffs are both nice,

Denzark
10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Reading my chaos codex and seeing for my own eyes that Gorechild is back to hitting at initiative and at AP2 to boot, this is bringing Kharn out of his retirement between now and the rubbish faq that made it unwieldy for a bit at the start of 6th...

White Tiger88
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Power Scythe....So damn good

Learn2Eel
10-06-2012, 07:42 PM
For the generic power weapon, it really depends on the model that carries it.
A power sword is great for a Berzerker champion, but it is much less useful for a Plague Champion, for example.
As far as codex-specific power weapons, the Warscythe wins hands down IMO. When looking at its points cost and looking at other weapons, you can see why, but at the same time, you also consider the model that is carrying it. At that point, you realize you are getting a much better power fist for cheaper.
As for named characters, my answer is Gorechild.

TheVoidmaster
10-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Necron Warscythes IMO are the best power weapons in the game currently. Problably a little biased here but, what can I say.

Personally, I love the way Power Mauls look on Chaos Terminators.

As for how it has changed my game experience? Not at all really. At IN 2, most of my boys still hit last :(

Wolfshade
10-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Tycho's Deadman's hand, though technically not a power weapon it just ignores armour saves...

Blackmonkey0
10-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Powersword though dull is my choice.
Hitting first (before they hit you) tends to be more important than hitting hard.

Learn2Eel
10-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Powersword though dull is my choice.
Hitting first (before they hit you) tends to be more important than hitting hard.

Especially on a Chaos marine with the mark of slaanesh. Ouch.

Mr Mystery
10-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Interesting. And when it comes to those elite squads with the option, are your seeing a variety, or a single type dominating?

Simon Hodgson
10-09-2012, 09:08 PM
i agree with the hitting first part so i still think for the points cost ie same as a power sword the lightning claw is still best with those re roll fail to wounds ! with blood angels again the chaplin re roll to hit and the re roll to wound makes the lightning claw my 1st choice i know there are better out there but unwieldy for the extra ap is irrelivent in most combats

White Tiger88
10-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Especially on a Chaos marine with the mark of slaanesh. Ouch.

Eh not really.......Power Scythes are the same costs as a power fist and +1 str and Ap 2......strike at Int........i think that's far scarier.

WarHammerman
10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I have a small place in my heart for the Eviscerator
But as for generic: I want to say the Maul for its concussive thing, but I dont often fight against guys with more then 1 wound, so I gotta go with the Sword, because its not slow. (can i say "relic blade"?)