PDA

View Full Version : GW - Limited Codex Fail, Customer Service Win.

Denzark
10-06-2012, 08:04 AM
I popped down to GW to pick up my limited edition chaos codex. Receipt in hand, quivering with anticipation.

When I got there, the normal manager wasn't there, and the chap running the shop said 'oh yeah, I've got a note in the book about you'. My smile started to fall. Apparently althought the website said I had got a LE codex, and though my money was gone, they were out of stock.

Denzark had sad face on.

However, as a consolation, as well as a refund, I was given a shiny new, unlimited codex for free, gratis and for nothing. Instantly 're-invested' (ie *****ed) the money on a Heldrake.

All in all quite happy - once again GW customer service, which seems to be a company highlight, was spot on.

DrLove42
10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
ON the subject of LE fails, my friend opened his in store.

Inside the limiteds are a envelope with a certificate confirming its a genuine limited and giving its number out of the 1000 there were.

He had 2 envelopes. Apparantly he has #300 or something and #997. Happened to someone else in our store as well

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Chaos is fickle my dearies. :)

Wildeybeast
10-06-2012, 09:20 AM
I have to say Denzark, you are much more forgiving than I. Even with a refund and a free codex, I would still be demanding blood if I'd missed out on something I had ordered and paid for.

Denzark
10-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I think it is a tzeentchian thing. Having seen Brass Scorpion's post in the sales forum, I ebayed for the limited edition - they are easily going for a ton. So I have made up my mind to try and pass it on for profit - Whilst I may have made more on Ebay the hassle has been taken out of it.

I think the great Changer knew my mind and acted for me...

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Such is my master's will to do.