PDA

View Full Version : Deathcult assassin question

newdigitaltau
10-03-2012, 08:56 AM
With a deathcult assassin in CC if they are equipped with a power axe and a power maul what str and AP would they be hitting with?

would it be...
Str 5 AP 2
Str 5 AP 4
Str 6 AP 2
Str 6 AP 4?

Kyban
10-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I believe they choose which weapon they use and only use the stats for that one for all attacks, though they get the extra attack for having two weapons.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Kyban's right, when you have two different melee weapons you don't combine them, you pick which one you use in that Assault Phase.

It's still a nice buff for Death Cult Assassins, since they can be a lot more flexible this way. For instance, Power Lances are great when you charge, but meh when you don't - so just take a Power Lance and a Power Axe, and get the best of both worlds.

magickbk
10-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Just be wary of hacking up your models to do this. If enough people do it, they will FAQ them to have power swords like they did with the Howling Banshees.

doom-kitten
10-03-2012, 02:00 PM
XD I didn't even know they could have anything but powerswords, the models come pre-equipped with powerswords. Wow, never considered switching the weapons, mostly because I'm terrified of converting expensive models and screwing it up. Seems kinda sketchy thou.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Seems kinda sketchy thou.Absolutely, and I'd expect it to get faq'ed sooner or later; I doubt they'd leave the default models with no options beyond the worst possible wargear combination. Plus, it's getting something for nothing, which is... unusual in a balanced game.

Nabterayl
10-03-2012, 03:35 PM
I don't think there's anything sketchy about doing two of the same thing, though. Double power mauls, double power axes, or even double power lances would be totally still in the spirit of the rules.

Tynskel
10-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Although, I see tons of modeling opportunities with the variety of weapons.

Simon Hodgson
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
the thought of chopping my 12 death cult assains about doesnt apeal to me there are simply dangerous enough as they are only 15 points per model which is the cost of a powersword for a space marine i feel they are just fine as they are LOL