PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Bits and Kits parts service

mysterex
10-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the Bits and Kits parts service?

I had stuff missing from my last order and two weeks on from receiving it haven't got a response to my emails.

I have used these guys fairly regularly with no problems over the years so am prepared to extend them some goodwill but was curious as to whether anyone else has started having problems with them.

White Tiger88
10-03-2012, 12:30 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the Bits and Kits parts service?

I had stuff missing from my last order and two weeks on from receiving the it haven't got a response to my emails.

I have used these guys fairly regularly with no problems over the years so am prepared to extend them some goodwill but was curious as to whether anyone else has started having problems with them.

Nope i get stuff all the time from them........And the guy is easy to get hold of.

alshrive
10-03-2012, 02:11 AM
i must admit i have never had a problem with them, i use them regularly and have always been more than pleased with their service! Hope it is just a one off incident you are having and i hope it gets resolved soon!

ALShrive

Kirsten
10-03-2012, 05:11 AM
they are my fallback supplier, bit slower than other bits sites, but they have always been good. I did email him last week because I wanted some baneblade tracks, and they are all .75p except one set which is £7.50, I emailed him to point it out and ask if it was a typo, he never replied.

alshrive
10-03-2012, 05:15 AM
what other sites do you use? i would be interested in having several bitz suppliers!

Kirsten
10-03-2012, 06:47 AM
bitzbox and let the dice decide are the two best out there, modelbits is quite good too. if you want multiples of something, use hoardobits, which pretty much sells boxes divided into bits by type, so five sets of legs, five torsos, five pairs of arms etc.

Xenith
10-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Used them for years and never had a problem.

I ordered 2 sets of ravenwing bikes and one set was missing the bases, 2 emails and no reply (this was 3-4 weeks ago now). I give them the benefit of the doubt, but Id like the bases!

mysterex
10-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Used them for years and never had a problem.

I ordered 2 sets of ravenwing bikes and one set was missing the bases, 2 emails and no reply (this was 3-4 weeks ago now). I give them the benefit of the doubt, but Id like the bases!

Sounds like their reliability may have declined recently. Just after I made by order they sent me a email saying that they very busy due to the response to their sale and, if I remember rightly their sale was because they were replacing their web site.

I was missing some key bits I wanted for a couple of conversions as well as having them substitute a couple of other things for similar bits.