PDA

View Full Version : BA Dreadnought army list!!

Lord of the Dead
10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm just looking for a little feed back on the list. i know there are no scoring units but I'm going for complete destruction.

HQ
Captain W/ no upgrades 100

ELITES

Furioso Dreadnought
W/ Frag Cannon, blood fist w/storm bolter and Magna-grapple 140

Furioso Dreadnought 135
W/ Blood talons Meltagun and heavy flamer

Furioso Librarian 175
W/ Blood Lance and Wings of Sanguinius

TROOPS

20 Death Company units W/no upgrades 20 each

4 DC Dreadnoughts w/Blood talons and built in weapons 125 each

HEAVY

3 Dreadnoughts W twin-linked Lascannon and Blood fist w/storm bolters 135 each

Total 1855

yeah its crazy, but you know it would be fun to field and the look in my opponants eyes when all those dreads hit the table.

helvexis
10-02-2012, 05:25 PM
you know i thought i was a bad person for fielding 6 with a motf for a laugh in 5th ... thats just really not nice and hilarious

Xarplo
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I have a Black Dragons army based around a similar idea, though I only have 5 dreads, not 10. The problem I run into everytime, regardless of how I tweak my list, is that the dreads just die to damned fast. And now with the advent of hull points, those glances start being scary as well as the pens. Go for it by all means, just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out as well as you imagine it will.

Lord of the Dead
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
it'll be fun to try! plus i have 20 DC troops to help out. glory or death. either way it should be fun to try

Psyfer
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
It'd be interesting to see in action, though if you have to seize objectives at all you could run into trouble.

helvexis
10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
objectives are no issue whatsoever with this list you go for either contesting everything or tabling every time its how the old dark eldar used to do it ... and still do in quite a few lists lol

White Tiger88
10-03-2012, 01:05 AM
Ok thats kinda mean..... All you are missing is an HQ Chaplin dreadnought then your good to go :D

Bob821
10-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Why take a bare captain when a power fist armed Reculisarch would turn your death company in to total monsters. Scatter a couple of power weapons and thunder hammers around the DC add a couple of melta's on to you DC dreads and you have a square 2000 points and your ready to go!

I run full DC lists some times and they normally include at least 3 DC dreads. If they make it to the other side of the board it's total carnage. Hell if one makes it to the other side of the board it total carnage.

Lord of the Dead
10-04-2012, 03:34 PM
If i ran all DC with DC dreads i was thinking about putting Grim on the list.. 30 DC few power fist, thunder hammers and a couple of plasma pistols. 5 dreads all with heavy flamers and grapples.

Kaiserdean
10-05-2012, 08:56 AM
You might consider sticking some points in drop pods. Popping on the board just about where ever you want could really cause some havoc and throw off your opponent's game plan. Plus, they won't get as much time to shoot you as you stomp your way across the board.

Kyban
10-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I'd switch out the captain and a furioso for a librarian and another lib dread, having the ability to drop a 5+ cover on those dreads and DC could really help the survivability.