PDA

View Full Version : What Mk of armor?

TheGodOfNothing
10-02-2012, 04:22 PM
So I'm looking to expand my rank and file Emperor's Children and I can't really decide on the Mk of armour to put them in. Quick explanation my EC aren't pre-heresy but they aren't chaos. That is to say nothing in my army is marked with Slanneshi/Chaos iconography. I think I'm leaning toward them not believing they've turned traitor but it actually being Slannesh having tricked them for this long. They'd fight against Chaos(Non-slanneshi forces) and Xenos. As for the Imperium, whatever Slannesh has done to trick them involves them not making contact. They'd probably be supplied from a Chaos Demon Forge with shipments delivered from traders loyal to Slannesh. That being said I was leaning toward Mk IV or Mk V armor but haven't seen a push one way or the other. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

wittdooley
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
So I'm looking to expand my rank and file Emperor's Children and I can't really decide on the Mk of armour to put them in. Quick explanation my EC aren't pre-heresy but they aren't chaos. That is to say nothing in my army is marked with Slanneshi/Chaos iconography. I think I'm leaning toward them not believing they've turned traitor but it actually being Slannesh having tricked them for this long. They'd fight against Chaos(Non-slanneshi forces) and Xenos. As for the Imperium, whatever Slannesh has done to trick them involves them not making contact. They'd probably be supplied from a Chaos Demon Forge with shipments delivered from traders loyal to Slannesh. That being said I was leaning toward Mk IV or Mk V armor but haven't seen a push one way or the other. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Well, lets presume that for this to be feasible they avoided much of the Heresy as whole. That really cancels out MkV. You could probably get away with some MkIV, but I don't know, as those suits are in limited number already due to the destruction of the Forge World that made them during the Heresy. Honestly, it sounds like your army, fluff wise, would be most appropriate in MkII and MkIII.

Or you could ignore all that and go with MkIV because it's boss.

Cpt Codpiece
10-02-2012, 07:40 PM
probably mks II to IV, V was an ad hoc design (rather than an established mk) by the loyalists to resupply after the events of the istvaan system. so they will of used the most recent designs, mk IV.

though post heresy, there is no reason STC's could not have been 'appropriated' from conquered forgeworlds or built by warpsmiths from captured imperials.
remember the order of the dragon (dark mechanicum) was not a stagnant body like the closed ranks of the 41M ad mech (they closed their ranks after the order of the dragon separated and the scism of mars), so their adepts would have no worries about 'upgrading' any tech they had, unlike loyalists who 'preserve' the failing tech of the past with no creation at all.

Chris*ta
10-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Are they from the 41st millennium? Then you're pretty much wide open as to what supplies they could get, between being supplied from forgeworlds within the Eye of Terror and/or from supplying from battlefields.

Of Mk 4 and 5, Mk 5 can be converted relatively easily from plastics, whereas Mk 4 you'll probably have to buy from FW. If the cost makes a difference to you.

Beyond that, both Mks look awesome, yet not that unlike "normal" marines, so it's up to you, I guess.