PDA

View Full Version : Metal and 40k

Bigred
10-02-2012, 09:31 AM
When cultures collide...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/09/28/tabletop-miniature-wargaming-an-untapped-well-of-metal-potential/#disqus_thread

Psychosplodge
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Well surely Bolt Thrower are the most appropriate gaming music...

alshrive
10-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I do like Bolt Thrower as a band to listen to while gaming or painting, however i also quite like ArnoCorps. They base every single song off of an Arnold Schwarzenegger film or quote!

fuzzbuket
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
i personally think my necron spyder likes it when i blare some filthy dubstep out when painting.

Chris*ta
10-02-2012, 01:29 PM
All this article does is remind me how nerdy some metal fans are about metal.

Chris*ta
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
From the comments:
"How do I get bishes with this?! This **** is straight bish repellent."

Yeah, cos obviously you do great with the ladies. Seriously, being a socially awkward metal nerd is at least as bad for your ability to interact with women. Just sayin'

gwensdad
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I have a rhino for my noise marines that has "speakers"* and a mini-mp3 player on it that plays a selection of Bolt Thrower (and other bands) tracks during games. It is waiting for the new codex so it may ROCK.

*actually headphones mounted to the rhino that at scale look like large speakers.

Mrchilidog
10-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are required when our group plays 40K.

dark messenger
10-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this (although the thought first hit me a few years ago when I listened to Thundergods by Sabaton - Titan battle anyone?) coz you'd be surprised how much of metal music can be used in wargaming.
I'm not an afficionado of metal music or anything - I barely know it. But what I have heard is usually what my mate plays in the background when we game lol

alshrive
10-03-2012, 04:02 AM
while working for GW several years ago during a gaming night (back when the store was open until 10!), several of the regulars really annoyed me and continued doing so when asked not to. In the end i forced them to listen to several hours of Abba while gaming! they were not amused!

Popsical
10-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Brilliant with the abba dude. Ive noticed when attending tournies and the like, that the most repellant and nerdy players tend to wear all black, have long greasy hair and questionable personal hygeine.
Whilst not all metallers have these traits, it tends to be a recurring theme.
My local gw has been known to play music akin to a sheep and cow being flayed alive by a combine harvester.
This is quite off putting to us normal folk. I may try torturing some of them with james last or val doonican!
Whilst id never voluntarily listen to them myself, it would be funny to see the spotty buggers suffer.

Psychosplodge
10-03-2012, 06:13 AM
The sh!te "you normal folk" listen to is equally off putting so deal with it.

Lost Vyper
10-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Old skool jungle or hiphop or some power metal. I myself enjoy some Bolt Thrower, but rest of the gaming group dont appreciate good music :)