PDA

View Full Version : first draft dark eldar and saim hann detatchment at 2k

helvexis
10-02-2012, 07:02 AM
so the idea was to have a venom and bike heavy speed obsessed dark eldar army allied with some saim-hann in competition with each other
im doing it with a kabal because i just prefer them to wych cults.

Archon: Blaster. 75

Kabalite truebornx4: 4 blasters, venom: xtra splinter cannon. 173

kabalite warriorsx5: blaster, venom xtra splinter cannon. 125
kabalite warriorsx5: blaster, venom xtra splinter cannon. 125

reaver squadx10: 3 blasters, 2 cluster caltrops, arena champion. 315
reaver squadx10: 3 blasters, 2 cluster caltrops, arena champion. 315

Ravager: flickerfield. 115
Ravager: flickerfield. 115

Farseer: spiritstones, runes of warding, runes of witnessing, bike, guide fortune. 180

guardian jetbikesx10: 3 Shuriken cannons. 250

Shining spearsx5: exarch with star lance, skilled rider. 212
2000pts exactly according to army builder.

personally id like to drop the ravagers for something else but there just isnt much i can replace them with thats as good at what they do ... though i suppose swapping the flickerfields with nightshields would be the better option. the only thing even close to as effective is more blasterborn but they are alot more vulnerable.

DrLove42
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Depending on how you run things, i'd suggest some changes to the reavers.

Drop them to 9 (its one weapon per 3, the loss of one doens't change much). Additionally don't multitask them. Make them Caltrops OR Shooting.

helvexis
10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
yeah thats what i prefer with my dark eldar each unit a job to specialize in but reavers dont really fill any role really well. Ravagers and blasterborn do tanks and heavy infantry if you have enough, venoms warriors and trueborn do standard infantry shooting and with the options for splinter cannons hordes and enough shots to bring down heavy infantry as well. reavers as much as i love them are more a harass unit fly over units cause a couple of wounds or fly from cover blow up a vehicle and run back into cover and maybe assault some small light infantry units that have been left open away from a strong force. ill try a few games with running them as each and see which i prefer.

so taking out the caltrops and the 10th reaver in each squad leaves me with 124 points which, sadly, isnt quite enough for another warrior squad what would you play around with to add more warriors or something else? maybe just fill out the guardian bike squad ... though i do like having 4 troops on the table ... especially as warriors in venoms dont tend to last all that long

DrLove42
10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Another 124 points gets you another Ravager. A third Ravager in 2K points is going to be important. Gives you more long range AT

Personally I don't use Reavers to shoot, i use them to fly by. And changes to flatout in 6th ed makes them more effective as they can move, then flat out in a different direction. Helps line up those runs a bit better

helvexis
10-02-2012, 08:50 AM
hmm yes thats true id forgotten about that... sounds good ill give that a go and yes a 3rd ravager is always a good thing so changing the blasters for cluster caltrops and dropping 1 guardian i can fit the ravager with night shield :) right ... will give that a go on the weekend hopefully and go from there that leaves me on 1999 which means i can also use it for the people who like 2k but dont want to have extended force orgs :)