PDA

View Full Version : The Newest Wolves in my Pack

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Ok, so since Games Day I have been doing some painting. Here is what I have so far.

Feedback always appreciated.

I have decided to go with a Pure Grey instead of the powder blue grey that the wolves seem to use now. I guess you could call it "Pre-Heresy", but I just think it looks better.

I have also gone with a brown fur instead of the black/white/grey that is most often seen. I know that it really isn't fluff, that the wolves of Fenris should be Grey or Black, but I think it really offsets the Grey of the armour, and that grey fur on grey armour just tends to blur together.

Most of these are done, but that shot of Canis is a WIP, before he was detailed.

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 08:42 AM
And a few more guys. These are all still VERY Work in Progress, but we have a Wolf Priest, a Rune Priest, and a Wolf Guard Battle Leader all made out of spare parts (Mainly some WFB Chaos Warrior bodies).

The Thunder Hammer will be being cut shot to make a Crosius, other than that, it is just painting to go on them.

What do you think though, are the WFB Bodies a good fit for the wolves? I personally am liking them for the more archaic feel, I think it makes good Runic Armor.

40kGamer
10-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I really like the grey scheme and the Termie Thunder Hammer pose in the 1st post, 2nd pic is great! Although I really want round storm shields for SWs.

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
The Thunder Hamer Termie is the one I will use for Ajac. The arms on all the Termies, as well as the wolf cloak, are currently tacked on, but will be agnetised, so I can customise them.

The reason for the magnet on the cloak is for when I dont want to pay the points for Ajac. Cloak = Named, No Cloak = not Ajac.

jcroxford
10-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Nicely posed! Love the Thunder hammer pose.

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the comments.

I must say, I am finding these models FAR superiour to some of the older stuff. I dont know if my skill has changed in the last couple years, or if the models are just better don, but I am finding that where older kits can very easily become loads of the same pose, and amm just "Stood", these kits seem to scream "individual" and are very easy to pose dynamically.

Denzark
10-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Like the shade of grey, like the chaos-ey mash ups. Not sure about the older models though. Bung in some new accessories and they will rock on.

Kanaellars
10-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Like the shade of grey, like the chaos-ey mash ups. Not sure about the older models though. Bung in some new accessories and they will rock on.

Older models??

There are 5 new Terminators from the Wolf Guard box, Njal, Canis, and 3 WFB Chaos conversions with bits from the new Space Wolf box.

Oh, and here are 3 more Work in progress guys. 2 More termies and a Long Fang Pack leader

Kanaellars
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Some more guys added to the new wolves....

Most of these are half finished... but I think they are coming along nicely.

Also on the go are 2 more packs of Hunters, 2 packs of Claws, and 1 pack of Skyclaws with a Wolf Priest.

wittdooley
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Where is that base in the first picture from??! It's awesome.

Kanaellars
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Canis base?

Its the base from.... well... Canis...

And a rock from my flower bed.

Or do you mean Njals base?

Njal and the Termies bases are made from:

between 1 and 3 poker chips
builders sand
bitz box spare bitz

wittdooley
11-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Canis base?

Its the base from.... well... Canis...

And a rock from my flower bed.

Or do you mean Njals base?

Njal and the Termies bases are made from:

between 1 and 3 poker chips
builders sand
bitz box spare bitz

Haha, none of the above. The base that the squad of 10 is sitting in. It looks like one of the ones from War of the Ring, but yours fits 10!