PDA

View Full Version : Rules for 40k Apocalypse size Tzeentch Firelord and DeathDealer

Lord Krungharr
09-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Has anybody seen or written rules for the Tzeentch Firelord and/or Khorne DeathDealer?

I figure the Firelord should be pretty big, and would be 4 structure points at Armor12 all around, with bombs (S6/AP4 like the Hell Talon but 9 x Apoc Barrage D3+1) and a hellstorm Breath of Chaos template weapon on the nose maybe firing like the Inferno cannon but just 12" out, a Bolt of Tzeentch on each wing, and 4+ mystical cover like the Silver Tower. It would be cool if it could transport Thousand Sons and deepstrike them, or act as a Daemon Icon, or both. I also figure that should be like between 700 and 900 points.

The Deathdealer should be bascially like the Tower of Skulls (3 structure points, Armor 14/13/12, no reknit form however), but with just a balemaw cannon up top (S9/AP3 Apoc 10" blast, primary weapon) and an 8 shot S8/AP3 small blast gatling "Butcher Blaster" on the front robot chest like a mini-Lord of Battles gun. Close combat arms should be primary weapons but not the Butcher Blaster. I also thought wouldn't it be neat if it could assault like a walker, and still be able to fire the turreted-cannon up top whilst in combat? Judging by the old Epic model, this seems appropriate; also given that build, the fighter robot should be able to fight against front and side attacks, so only if assaulted from the rear could it not fight back like a walker. But I think it should be S10 of course and to reflect it's larger than Dreadnought size, it should strike at AP2 and reroll the AP dice like a monstrous creature, maybe 5 base attacks +D3 on the charge. I guess 700 points like the Tower of Skulls? Or make it armor 13 on the rear and go 800 points?

What do people think of those ideas? I ask because I have the itch and some cool pieces to make them.