PDA

View Full Version : Foodhammer 2012

Cerberus
09-28-2012, 08:52 PM
My gaming club, Fresh Coast 40k, will be hosting our 2nd annual Foodhammer even on November 3rd. We will be playing Warhammer 40k and Fantasy all day at Gamers Sanctuary in Flint , MI to collect cash and food donations for the Food bank of Eastern Michigan. Last year we raised nearly $3000 worth of total donations and we hope to double that this year. We will be selling raffle tickets for cash or food donations ($1 or 2 food items per ticket) and have amassed well over $2000 in donated prizes from Miniwargaming.com, KR Multicase, Black Library, several restaurants and local businesses, as well as our host, Gamers Sanctuary. Last year we had 20 participants. This year, we expect to more than double that. If you are in the Mid Michigan area, or feel like making the trip, check out the full details of the event here:

http://foodhammer.com/

If you want to donate something (cash, food or participation prizes for our participants) , but can't make the trip, send me a PM on our club's blog:

http://freshcoast40k.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading.

Cerberus
Fresh Coast 40K You Tube Ninja

olberon
09-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Really like the idea!

Ive been planning on somewhat th same event in my local area, the only problem im having is arranging tables and scenery. How did you guys manage that?

Mr Mystery
09-29-2012, 04:07 AM
Top marks that man!

Shame I'm Skint as I'd happily make a PayPal donation.

Cerberus
09-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Really like the idea!

Ive been planning on somewhat th same event in my local area, the only problem im having is arranging tables and scenery. How did you guys manage that?

Gamers Sanctuary has 8 well stocked tables on their own. Our club has another 4 or 5 we can bring from our own houses. We are borrowing another 10 or so from a club in Ann Arbor. We will have a custom "Boarding Action" table built to represent the inside of a ship and, hopefully, an awesome city table a friend of the club built.

Cerberus
09-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Top marks that man!

Shame I'm Skint as I'd happily make a PayPal donation.

We have been toying with the idea of putting a PayPal link on the site. If enough people want to donate that way, it might end up happening.

Cerberus
10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
We will now be taking PayPal donations through the Foodhammer site! We also have an online registration system set up to help us gauge how many players we will have from out of town. If you plan to attend, please register on the site in advance. Thanks.

www.foodhammer.com